Manual Testing Tutorial – Complete Guide | Software Testing Tutorial
In this free online Software Testing Tutorial, we cover all manual testing concepts in detail with easy-to-understand examples. This Manual Testing Tutorial is helpful for beginners to advanced level users to learn software testing concepts with practical examples.
Why This Manual Testing Tutorial?
This Software Testing Tutorial covers right from basics to advanced test concepts.
What are the prerequisites to learn Manual Testing Tutorials for beginners & advanced level?
- Basic computer knowledge
- Interest to learn Software Testing
Who is the targeted audience of this Software Testing Tutorial?
Anyone who has an interest to learn Software Testing.
Software Testing Tutorial – Table of Content
Click on the links below to see the detailed content of each concept in this Manual Testing Tutorial.
- What Is Software Testing | Everything You Should Know
- 7 Principles of Software Testing
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Waterfall Model in SDLC
- Spiral Model in SDLC
- V Model in SDLC
- Agile Scrum Methodology
- Software Testing Life Cycle
- Types of Software Testing
- Levels of Testing
Types of Testing
- Automation Testing
- Static Testing
- Dynamic Testing
- Functional Testing
- Non-Functional Testing
- Smoke Testing
- Sanity Testing
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- System Testing
- What is Regression Testing & When Do We Do?
- What is Retesting & When Do We Do?
Test Case Development
- What is Documentation Testing in Software Testing
- How To Create Test Scenarios (with Examples)
- Test Case Template With Explanation
- Test Scenarios of Login Page
- Test Scenarios of Registration Page
- Test Scenarios of GMail
- How To Write Test Cases for ATM
- Requirements Traceability Matrix – RTM
- Do We Really Write Test Cases For All Testing Types
- Equivalence Partitioning Testing Technique
- Boundary Value Analysis Testing Technique
- Decision Table Test Design Technique
- State Transition Test Design Technique
- Use Case Testing
Test Management & Control
- Test Environment for Software Testing
- Bug Life Cycle (Defect Life Cycle)
- Bug Report Template (Defect Management Process)
Testing Different Domains
- Web Application Testing Tutorial
- eCommerce Testing Guide
- Payment Gateway Testing Guide
- How To Test Banking Application
- Database Testing
White Box Testing
- Performance Testing Types
- Performance Testing Tutorial
- Load Testing
- Stress Testing
- Reliability Testing
- Volume Testing Guide
- Benchmark Testing Guide
- Risk Based Testing
- Endurance Testing
- 12 Best Performance Testing Tools
Different Testing Types
- Acceptance Testing Guide
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Operational Acceptance Testing
- Confirmation Testing
- Configuration Testing
- Portability Testing
- Alpha Testing
- Beta Testing
- Positive Testing
- Negative Testing
- End-To-End Testing
- Maintenance Testing
- Manual Testing Methods
- Test Metrics
- Write Good Bug Report
- Software Architecture
- Black Box Test Design Techniques
- Grey Box Testing
- Adhoc Testing
- Mutation Testing Guide
- Localization Testing
- Bug Severity And Priority – Info-graphic
- Defect Triage Process in Software Testing
- What is Testing in Production
- Performance Testing – Complete Guide
- Penetration Testing – Complete Guide
- Security Testing – Complete Guide
- Product Testing
- Monkey Testing
- Fuzz Testing
- Cloud Testing Guide
- Automated Visual Regression Testing
- Usability Testing Guide
- Accessibility Testing Guide
- Cross Browser Testing
- Cross Browser Testing Checklist
- Parallel Testing
- ERP Application Testing
- Mobile App Testing Guide
- Salesforce Testing Guide
- A/B Testing Guide
- Pairwise Testing Guide
- Game Testing Guide
- SaaS Testing Guide
- SOA Testing Guide
- Pilot Testing Guide
- API Testing – Complete Guide
- Website Cookie Testing Guide
- Geolocation Testing
- Shift-Left Testing
- Independent Testing
- PDCA Cycle
- Choose Software Testing As A Career
- 7 Steps To Become A Pro At QA Testing
- Software Testing Interview Questions Free eBook
- Principles of Agile Software Development
- What are Quality Attributes in Software Architecture
- 20 Skills Of Highly Effective Software Tester
- A-Z Software Testing Terms That All New Software Testers Should Learn
- 100+ Software Testing Types
- A Day In The Life Of A Software Tester
- How To Hire A QA Engineer
Difference Between Software Testing Types
- SDLC Vs STLC
- Quality Assurance vs Quality Control (QA vs QC)
- Manual vs Automation Testing
- Black Box And White Box Testing
- Smoke Testing Vs Sanity Testing
- Static Testing Vs Dynamic Testing
- Test Strategy Vs Test Plan
- Test Case Vs Test Scenario
- Regression Vs Retesting
- Severity Vs Priority
- Functional Vs Non-Functional Testing
- Unit Testing Vs Integration Testing
- Integration Vs System Testing
- Verification And Validation
- Entry And Exit Criteria
- Performance Engineering Vs Performance Testing
- Performance Vs Load Testing
- Load Testing Vs Stress Testing
- Difference between Desktop, Client-Server And Web Application Testing
- Difference Between Defect Bug Error And Failure
Interview Preparation Topics:
- Manual Testing Interview Questions
- Real-Time Software QA Interview Questions And Answers
- Agile Testing Interview Questions
- JIRA Interview Questions
- Game Testing Interview Questions
- Automation Testing Interview Questions
- Selenium Interview Questions
- Performance Testing Interview Questions
- LoadRunner Testing Interview Questions
- JMeter Interview Questions
- Database Testing Interview Questions
- SQL Interview Questions
ISTQB stands for International Software Testing Qualification Board. I don’t say you will get a salary hike if you finish this certification but it’s always good to have certification in career development.
Software Testing Tools
Manual testing does not mean that the software testers won’t use any tool in the process of testing. There are several tools available in the market which helps Software QA’s to test an application in an efficient manner.
- Best Test Management Tools
- Best Defect Tracking Tools
- Best Automation Testing Tools
- Best Regression Testing Tools
- Best Cross Browser Testing Tools
- Best Unit Testing Tools
- Best Functional Testing Tools
- Best Web Application Testing Tools
- Best API Testing Tools
- Best Performance Testing Tools
- Best Penetration Testing Tools
- Best Open Source Security Testing Tools
- Best Agile Testing Tools
- Best Service Virtualization Tools
- Best IT Automation Tools
- Best Data Warehousing Automation Tools
Download a sample resume using the below link and modify it as per your needs
Learn Through Videos
Check the below playlist to watch the complete Testing Tutorial.
If you want us to cover any other topic, please comment below. Finally, Happy Testing!
Can I learn software testing on my own?
Yes, you can learn software testing on your own. There is no need to enroll in any online courses by paying. There are many websites and YouTube channels dedicated to the topic. Here at SoftwareTestingMaterial, our software testing course covers nearly all topics a tester needs to get a Software Testing Job.
What should I learn for software testing?
If you want to become a software tester, you need to start by learning the basics. Once you understand manual testing, you can move on to automated testing using tools like Selenium. Our Selenium tutorial will help get you started with automating web applications.
Do Testers need programming skills?
It is beneficial for everyone to understand the process and try their hand at coding. For the most part, QA testers (manual testers) do not need to be concerned with learning how to code. If you want to become an SDET then you need to have coding knowledge.
Sir you are just fabulous I just read ur sdlc model what a expiation just superb ur too good yaar love you
Thanks Alok. I am glad you like it. Welcome to Software Testing Material
Testing spell is incorrect in the menu list
Hi Kulkarni, it’s not TestING its TestNG. It’s not typo. Anyway thanks. Keep visiting.
hi sir. i want to learn selenium.. and before that manual testing is optional or important..where i start bro…
You must learn manual testing concepts.
Sir could u upload video on complete day to day activities of QA tester.. Take (whatsapp, or fb)
Thanks a ton, u made my preparation easy by putting all concepts at one place. The way you presented each concept is crystal clear. Thanks again for such a great effort 🙂
Thanks Chaitri. I am glad you liked it.
I need below details about Manual Testing.
Manual Testing – Concepts, Methods, Types, Roles & responsibility for Test Engineer to Managers, Test Plan / Scenario / Case, Test Estimation.
End to end Manual testing details in Video & PDF Format
Check this post manual testing tutorial
Can you please add migration testing concepts
thanks and regards
Sure swetha. We will post ASAP
I’m Kalpana I saw your video on youtube its very nice explanation. now I want to learn QA manual testing from your video I’m new to this area. I want to start from the beginning to end where can I start which video it’s going to help me could you please guide me.
Hi Kalpana, just follow this Manual Testing Tutorial. It will be helpful.
Please click on ‘Types of Testing” its taking to the page “Automation VS Manual”.
Thanks great effort. All topics are explained in easy way.
Sir I got to much gap after completion of my btech now I want learn testing tools and I want to do the job on this basis am I get job after training the course . the gap is near around 6 years.
can you add mobile testing details on this site then it will be very helpfull to all.
Hi. Its already there. We have published mobile testing guide, mobile testing tools etc.,
It is really a good information on manual testing it is really informative thanks for sharing with us
Hi Dipak, Thanks for your message.
Good day, Raj.
For my preparation, I’m using your Testing Material, which is simple and straightforward. This week I have an interview, but I’m unable to access Agile interview questions. Could you please assist me with this problem?
Thank you very much.
Hi Sudheer, Thanks for your message. Agile Interview Questions are listed under Interview Preperation in the guide and also you can navigate through menu – Interview Questions. Thanks.