As companies are moving towards agile methodologies, many may be wondering what the best agile testing tools are to support this process. The following list of agile testing software are popular among many testers. The list will help anyone to take better decision while choosing their own testing tool.
I tried my best to compile a list of top agile testing tools that are still being used today. I also wrote short descriptions about each tool, making this list easier to read by the reader.
Comparison of Agile Software Testing Tool
|Tool Name||Free Trial||Basic Plan Pricing||Link|
|Jira||7 days||Free: $0 Always free for 10 users||Learn more|
|Zephyr||30 days||$10 per month||Learn more|
|Pivotal Tracker||Available||$0 Always free for 1-5 collaborators||Learn more|
|Katalon TestOps||Free||Free for up to 2,000 test executions/month||Learn more|
List of Best Agile Testing Tools for Project Managers
Let’s see the best agile testing tools in the market that helps us in the agile development process.
Best for agile teams.
Jira is developed by Atlassian. It acts as an Agile Testing Solution and Project Management Tool.
Jira is a popular agile project management software that is used to track bugs, plan projects, create reports, and manage software development.
- It allows you to build your own filters based on its JQL (Jira Query Language) syntax.
- JIRA can handle Agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, and others.
- Jira’s automation engine makes it simple to automate tasks and processes.
- Bring information from your favorite version control tool into Jira Software and get instant visibility into your development pipeline.
- It has a rich reporting feature that lets you access to a variety of out-of-the-box reports in real time.
Jira Cloud Plans:
Free: $0 Always free for 10 users
Standard: $5.83 per user (average) $700 a year – User tier: 1 – 10
Premium: $11.67 per user (average) $1,400 a year – User tier: 1 – 10
Enterprise: Enterprise plan pricing is available when you enter 801 or more users above
Data Center Plans: USD 42,000 per year for 500 Users
Trial: 7-day free trial for up to 10,000 users
Apache JMeter is an open source load testing tool that helps us to analyze and measure the performance of web applications. It alos allows us to test the functional behavior of an application under a specific load.
- It is a is a free and open-source tool.
- Ability to load and performance test many different applications/server/protocol types such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SOAP, REST, LDAP, SMTP, TCP etc.,
- Full featured Test IDE for fast Test Plan recording, building and debugging.
- Caching and offline analysis/replaying of test results.
- Extended plug-in support for data analysis and visualization
- Supports integration with third party tools like Jenkins, Maven, Gradle etc.,
Selenium is an agile automation tool that is quite popular in the software industry. It allows the complete testing team to involve in the creation of automation test cases. It is best suitable for web-based applications.
- It automates browser based applications.
- It serves as a fundamental framework for open-source test automation tools such as Katalon Studio, TestProject, Watir, Protractor, and Robot Framework.
- It supports operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- It supports browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and headless browsers.
To learn Selenium, read our detailed Selenium Tutorial.
Zephyr is a Test Management Tool that supports methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, V-Model etc., It manages all procedures, tasks linked to the software testing lifecycle, and provides a high-quality product.
- Zephyr for JIRA is an agile testing software with JIRA integration.
- It can be integrated with Selenium, Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.,
- It allows us to import user stories and maintain requirement traceability.
- The tests are kept in a layout folder management system so they may be reused.
- It allows us to efficiently execute test cases and effortlessly track quality metrics.
- It provides a single view of all project, sprint, and release information.
Pricing: Contact Zephyr Sales
Free: 30-day trial
#5. Pivotal Tracker
Pivotal Tracker is an agile project management tool that helps teams with the planning of projects along with the fixation of bugs and improvements in the product. It works well with Agile and also other methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative, V-Model.
It helps teams to break down a large project into small tasks and manages and delivers it in a better way.
- It’s easy to attach the files, presentations, and other items using Drag & Drop.
- It comes with a powerful search syntax support that allows us to save common searches for later or share them with team members.
- Organize your tasks into checklists that you can use to keep track of everything you need to do, and enjoy checking things off the list.
- Visualize the project’s complexity and the team’s cooperation.
- It can be integrated with more than 140 third-party apps including Slack, Zapier, Zendesk etc.,
Jira Cloud Plans:
Free: $0 Always free for 1-5 collaborators
Standard: $10 monthly flat rate for 6-10 collaborators
Premium: $6.50 per collaborator per day
Appium is a free and open-source Agile testing tool. It has excellent workflow capabilities for automating mobile web, mobile, and hybrid applications.
- It automates native, hybrid, and web mobile applications on physical gadgets as well as on emulators or simulators.
- The setup process is straightforward.
- Supports programming languages such as Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, C#, etc.,
- It supports Safari, Chrome, and a built-in browser app on Android.
Cucumber Open is the best tool for Behavior Driven Development or BDD framework.
- It can be integrated with Selenium, Watir, Capybara, etc.,
- It supports languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, .Net, etc.
- Acceptance tests for web applications can be written in Cucumber.
- Mechanism to enable automated functional verification using simple English sentences.
#8. Katalon TestOps
Katalon TestOps is a collection of cloud-based services that can help you speed up software quality by continuous test execution and generate reports and dashboards.
- TestOps Center allows you to analyze and turn on analytics for your projects. Teams may use TestOps Center to get critical insights into test results and integrate flawlessly with both Katalon Studio and Jira for effective project management.
- TestOps CI manages test environments and schedules remote executions on local machines, as well as Kubernetes and CircleCI. It’s built to enable QAs to focus on testing rather than administration. TestOps CI enables you to plan, schedule, and execute tests remotely.
- The Dashboards tab in the TestOps Reports section allows you to view data from several sources. It also presents dynamic perspectives and an informative overview of your automated testing activities.
- The goal of TestOps is to act as a visual-based testing service that employs artificial intelligence (AI) to detect new faults on application graphical user interfaces rapidly.
TestOps: Free for up to 2,000 test executions/month
TestOps Business: Starting at $102/month for up to 3,000 test executions/month
TestOps Enterprise: Everything in TestOps Business, plus powerful features enterprise teams.
QMetry is a suite of software testing products that enable Agile Digital Enterprises’ innovative technology platforms to deploy better Quality Software faster with greater confidence.
- It’s easy to integrate with tools such as Rally, Bamboo, ALM, Selenium, VersionOne, and others.
- Collaborate with JIRA, HipChat, and Confluence to create test cases.
- User stories can be linked to the scenarios using drag and drop.
- QTest for JIRA is a test management solution that’s ideal for agile projects.
Pricing: Contact Qmetry sales
Free: 15 days trial
#10. qTest Scenario
qTest Scenario is a JIRA plug-in that helps Agile teams to take a test-first approach in agile testing and to scale their behavior-driven development. It manages the test cases creation and execution and tracks defects.
- It allows test case updates during testing and keeps track of the changes in the test design.
- It’s compatible with Agile and DevOps tools.
- It enables you to plan and manage your testing activities based on project timelines.
- It allows you to deploy the software in the cloud or on-premises.
- With interactive heat maps that aid in the fast detection of application flaws, you may quickly examine your testing data. Then dig even deeper to discover even more information.
- Allows you to collaborate with other teams for maximum efficiency.
Pricing: Contact qTest Sales
Free: 14-day trial
SoapUI is an agile testing tool and is the automated testing tool for SOAP and REST APIs. It is mainly used to test the functionality of web services. It serves as a framework for web service development, as well as the invocation of web services and other activities. SoapUI makes it simple to generate test cases for web services. It has a user-friendly interface that allows you to run test cases and analyze reports within the GUI itself.
- It is a free and open-source tool.
- Robust data-driven testing with data from files and databases
- It’s simple to establish and run tests.
- With Restful mocking, you can easily mock your services.
- Testing asynchronously
Free Trial: Available
PractiTest is an end-to-end SaaS test management platform that enables you to manage all your QA efforts in one place. With PractiTest you can visualize your data to extract valuable actionable insights and collaborate with all teams to reach business goals.
- End-to-End test management platform: Bring your entire QA operation into one shared space. Visualize your data to extract valuable actionable insights. Collaborate with all teams to reach business goals.
- Centralized QA hub: Connect teams, bridge silos, unify communication, and enable one source of truth across your organization. Boost your testing productivity, visibility, team collaboration and business alignment.
- Full visibility: Get a high-level overview or drilled-down details of your QA process with PractiTest’s powerful reports, real-time customizable dashboards and dynamic filter views. Use testing insights to predict potential problems, make data-driven decisions and accelerate work.
- Improved productivity: Easily reuse testing elements and filter your data dynamically according to your needs.
- Eliminate repetitive work, enable your team to focus on what really matters and improve productivity.
- Flexibility: PractiTest has everything you need to work your way: Customizable fields, dashboards and views and integrations with any tool you already work with.
- Customize PraciTest to best suit your QA operation regardless of your testing methodology; Waterfall, Agile or DevOps.
- Business alignment: Achieve full traceability of all testing assets back to user stories to align your testing operation with business goals. Better allocate testing resources for improved efficiency and faster product delivery.
- Professional: $ 39 /per user /per month
- Enterprise: $ 49 /per user /per month
- Unlimited: Contact Practitest
Free: 14-day trial
#17. Bug Shooting
The agile process is all about developing software in short cycles, so it’s important to have the right tools for testing. This article discussed some of the best agile testing tools that are on the market today and how they might be able to help you meet your goals as a project manager or tester. Which agile software testing tool should you choose? Let us know your favorite tools in the comment section below.
- 15 Best Crowdsourced Testing Companies In 2023
- Katalon Studio Integration with Jira Overview
- Best Test Management Tools (Free and Paid) for 2023
- JIRA Interview Questions and Answers | Software Testing Material
- Katalon Studio Integration With Jira Overview (Tutorial Video)