I have to admit that coding is complicated. Especially when computers nowadays can carry out commands, to varying degrees of sophistication. Products are growing at a fast pace in varied directions, thus having testers try to learn many complex programming languages while finishing backlogs in weeks can be a frustrating experience. With the emergence of codeless testing tools, you don’t have to concern yourself with such feasts yet.
Basically, codeless test automation tools originally made to help testers avoid the extensive hours of programming. Codeless tools empower users to automate robust and reusable tests by combining Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning algorithms into the self-healing mechanism, which ultimately leads to continuous test execution and consistent results.
Another huge benefit is that codeless tools are more user-friendly. A host of supported integrations and features can transform complicated codes to a simplified testing suite for all business teams to engage in testing despite their skill sets.
Codeless automation is increasingly endorsed as one of the most prominent automation testing trends in 2021.
Let’s take a holistic view of The Most Popular Codeless Testing Tools in 2021.
Katalon Studio is one of the best-renowned testing solutions for Web, API, Mobile, and Desktop applications. With this tool, building a framework from scratch is no longer a hurdle for beginners since they can import a variety of external libraries.
Programmers are even equipped with abundant built-in keywords and dual-scripting interfaces to make it easier to advance their test scripts. Therefore, if you want to write test scripts right away and gather such design principles along the way, Katalon Studio would be a great fit.
- No coding skillsets & complex figures required
- Web Recorder Utility takes in all movements on the app and transforms them into runnable codes in the back-end
- BDD Cucumber capability allows stakeholders to take part in testing at ease
- Insightful analytics dashboard and reports
- CI/CD pipeline and ALM system integrations involving Git, Jenkins, qTest, Jira, CircleCI, etc.
- Smart Wait feature is a present for Selenium lovers to fully eliminate Selenium wait issues without writing any additional codes
- Built-in and custom keywords to transfer keywords in test projects without any changes in the external behaviors
Named as a 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choices for the Software Test Automation market, Katalon Studio stands a strong belief in customer’s mind as the best option for when they need a codeless testing tool.
Website: Katalon Studio
Pricing: Free – $759/year
Here is a Katalon Tutorial
TestCraft is an end-to-end codeless selenium test automation platform. In the case of other codeless testing tools with record-and-playback features, whatever was recorded would be “played back” to test the app’s usability. If tweaking some codes breaks the test, you might have to re-record it and let it run all over again.
TestCraft, on the other hand, offers “on-the-fly rebinding,” which refers to more hands-on execution of tests. You can fix the broken codes immediately, thereby rebinding the elements. Tests are adjusted in real-time without bothering about re-recording the entire test scenario.
- No extra plugins required
- Run tests on multiple browsers simultaneously
- Create flows easily for application monitoring
- Detailed reports for every execution
- Reuse elements and flows across scenarios
- On-the-Fly fixing
- Dual output: data & scenario
- Multiple built-in integrations including Test Management, Issue Management, Notifications & Communication
Pricing: Commercial – Contact sales.
Trusted by many major enterprises, Perfecto provides Mobile, Web, and IoT quality solutions. Moreover, the R&D duty at Perfecto mainly focuses on ensuring its cloud-based solutions work smoothly despite any market issues such as new iOS or Android version updates, new browser or smartphone releases, obviously even new features or improvements made to the cloud offering.
- Main performance indicators improve velocity and efficiency for teams
- Combine data using AWS services like EC2, ECS, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, and more
- Tests can run on various Android devices in parallel
- Switch to a microservices framework to deliver same-day support for the latest mobile and web operating systems
- Perfecto Connectivity Layer: Besides new releases, the engineers update every day to both their internal stakeholders and customers about issues taking place and how to address them
- Integrate into Appium, Selenium, Espresso and more
Pricing: From $3,600/year.
CloudQA provides a unified platform that meets a variety of testing requirements. Besides its record-and-playback tool, CloudQA also gives you an integrated reporting tool for quickly creating and scheduling regression testing suits.
Built on top of Selenium, CloudQA integrates with multiple third-party applications, which makes building test cases easier. Plus, your web page performance is constantly monitored at a fraction of the cost.
- Monitoring many data sets geographically
- Real-time alert via a rich set of alerting options
- Recording to monitoring in less than 5 minutes
- Huge capacity to maintain up to 1000 tests easily
- Integrations with ALM tools, CI/CD pipeline, team communication apps (Slack, SMS, webhooks), bug tracking tools, and version control tools (GitHub, TFS)
Pricing: From $1,188/year
Sikuli is a Python-based GUI test automation solution that automates anything you see on the screen using its “Visual Image Match” method to recognize GUI elements. That means, all the web elements act as an image kept within the project. A massive benefit of Sikuli is that it can effectively automate flash objects without their ID or names, especially when there are stable GUI components.
In addition, along with Selenium WebDriver, Sikuli provides a very friendly Sikuli-script.jar that can automate Adobe Video/Audio players, flash games without a single line of code.
- Extensive support to automate Flash Objects/Websites
- “Visual Match” mechanism to powerfully automate desktop & flash objects
- All methods can be accessed using screen class objects
- Easily integrate with Selenium and all other tools (see Sikuli Tutorial of Selenium Integration)
- Not suitable for web automation tasks as it has no browser recorder
TestProject is a free end-to-end test automation platform that makes Selenium and Appium testing easy. You can test web, mobile, and even API’s using open source technology without all the usual headaches that come with it. TestProject is the top free tool according to Gartner with an average rating of 4.6/5 stars.
TestProject’s Key Benefits:
- Scriptless test recorder for non-technical users, with compatible export to Selenium and Appium
- Advanced scripting SDK (import existing Selenium and Appium tests)
- Cloud test storage and page object repository
- Beautiful executive analytics and dashboards
- 200+ community-powered addons
- Built-in integrations for Sauce Labs, BrowserStack, Jenkins, Slack, and more
Don’t bother with building and maintaining a bespoke Selenium test framework, when TestProject already helps you to:
- Create and execute tests on Windows, Linux, macOS, and even Docker
- Install and manage Selenium, Appium, and all required dependencies
- Distribute test execution locally and in the cloud
- Specify user and project permissions
Check this TestProject review for more details
TestingWhiz is a codeless automation testing tool that provides automated testing solutions to software companies for their Software, Web, Mobile, Database, Cloud, Web Services, and API testing. It automates, executes, and manages test cases effortlessly & efficiently.
- Fast Automation Engine to help you create automated test cases, on a keyword and data-driven structure, object-based architecture with Java scripting
- With its Visual Recorder, you can automate testing of desktop-based applications, widgets as well as flash applications using inputs from onscreen actions such as Input, Scroll, Clicks, Cancel, and more.
- With its Integrated Mobile Recorder, you can automate test recording on multiple mobile applications/devices.
- With its Integrated OCR Capability, you can reduce the need for keying in data by detecting and extracting the text from images
- Integrated PDF and Excel Commands.
- Multiple web browsers support such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer(IE) and Microsoft Edge along with Android and iOS mobile browsers
Endtest is a cloud platform where you can easily create, manage, and run Automated Tests. With EndTest anyone can write complex automated tests, without having to write code.
- Run the same test suite on any operating system, browser or mobile device.
- Supports Parallel Execution
- Parameterized Testing
- It supports testing browser extensions
- Integrates with services like Bamboo, Travis CI, CircleCI, TeamCity, Jenkins, GitHub, GitLab, etc.,
Pricing: It offers a free trial. Pricing starts at $138 / month
Mabl is a unified intelligent test automation platform for the CI/CD ecosystem. Mabl enables easier test creation, execution, and control, thus increasing test coverage, development speed, and overall application quality.
As Mabl is very lightweight, it is really simple to execute them and trigger them in a timely fashion. Along with its cool visuals, anomalies monitoring, and auto-healing concepts, Mabl keeps the automation scripts running stably regardless of any huge UI changes in the product code. Both testers and programmers can write scriptless code by simply fetching data using the user’s recorded actions.
- A fresh UI and design approach run tests periodically with suggestions
- Reuse tests across different browsers
- Run infinite tests in parallel
- Testing nodes are scaled up in the cloud as you need them, with real browser installations on virtual machines.
- The output consists of screenshots for relatively easy failure troubleshooting
- Extensive data reports and insights
- Integrates with tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, Slack.
Pricing: Contact sales
Applitools provides an end-to-end UI testing solution powered by Visual AI, thus revolutionizes how organizations approach quality. It ensures web and mobile applications operate efficiently as designed across many devices, browsers, OS, or native applications.
Applitools can be quickly integrated with any DevOps environment, easy to use by any team members, and scalable to any-size organizations looking to speed up and increase quality at every release.
- Cross-device and browser tests
- Support multiple programming languages
- Build functional test reports with screenshots, baseline images, and easy zoom-in on changes
- Collaborate with your team by integrating your functional test execution reports with Jira, Slack, and email.
- Baseline branching to push an up-to-date baseline along with your code
- Web API and merge CLI tools to allow merging the source and target baselines to resolve conflicts
- No inbound firewall changes or tunnel configuration required
- Integrates with the tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, Travis and other CI systems.
- Open Jira tickets directly from the Applitools test manager.
Pricing: Contact sales
Usetrace is a regression testing automation software for Web applications. It builds robust cross-browser test suites consisting of reusable routines for efficient test maintenance. Regardless of your coding skills, you can reuse modules to speed up tests using Usetrace.
Moreover, Usetrace also offers additional features involving project management and collaboration, data analysis and reports, editor tracing, responsive testing, and synchronization & waiting.
- Ease of creating traces
- Flexibility in maintaining traces
- Robust load balancing, performance and regression tests without coding
- Its latest version is being tested all the time
- A visual dashboard to check how your site is doing
- Integrations with Slack, JIRA, Jenkins, Visual Studio Online, GitHub, Codeship, Flowdock, Bitbucket, and HipChat
- Instant email or SMS alert if something happens
Pricing: From $1,188/year
Leapwork is a cloud-based enterprise automation platform suitable for different technical levels, from testers, test managers, business specialists to DevOps professionals. It empowers workforces to execute automated testing and processes across web applications, Windows applications, SAP applications, and more.
Leapwork flexibly facilitates intelligent automation, end-to-end verification, collaboration, and some integrated tools such as a graphical workflow editor and automated test builder – which I am sure will work remotely on an agent to build tests.
- No need to adjust the automation flows anytime the system under test alters
- Schedules start from DevOps by calling the REST API from Powershell scripts
- Automate and test applications in any operating system, browser version, desktop or mobile device
- It comes with built-in Sauce Labs and BrowserStack cloud integrations for total coverage
- Clever strategy editor decides how to identify the GUI elements being manipulated
- When an ad hoc schedule is stuck running and filled up the HDD, you have to restore the server from backup.
- It comes with native plugins for Jenkins, Azure Devops Server/TFS, TeamCity, and Bamboo and can also be integrated with bug management systems.
Pricing: Contact sales.
Ranorex is one of the most comprehensive tools today that supports Web, Desktop (Windows only), and Mobile testing. Its customization with third-party frameworks serves for both new users and high-level testers.
Siemens, Lufthansa, Cisco, Dell, and IBM, to name but a few trusted Ranorex to automate their testing. With Ranorex, you can create an all-in-one environment that can be easily spread with more innovations.
- Automate complex GUI testing using object recognition and following each user scenario
- Ranorex Recorder can record and playback actions through an action table editor, then convert them into natural languages
- Selenium WebDriver integration flexibly fixes all pain points Selenium still has
- Flexible test automation interface launching all executed .EXE files from the command line
- Seamless integration with the most common CI tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Bamboo, or TeamCity
- It supports standard programming languages such as VB.NET and C#
- No support macOS
Pricing: From $3,130/year
To sum up, codeless automation testing can be said a vital practice that product teams should adopt and a must-have criterion for automation testing tools. Codeless test automation is the greatest solution for IT and business teams to fill the gap of technical level, eliminate testing bottlenecks, and reduce the time and effort spent on maintenance costs.
With a set of features conformed, codeless test automation is viewed by QA experts as the chosen solution to ingrain into their existing DevOps cycle. Regardless of your role in your team and project, codeless tools will continue to advance, and you don’t want to miss out on them in 2021.
- Web Application Testing Tools
- Functional Testing Tools
- Unit Testing Tools
- Regression Testing Tools
- Test Management Tools
- Defect Tracking Tools
- Cross Browser Testing Tools
- Automation Testing Tools
- RPA Testing Tools
- Service Virtualization Tools
- Performance Testing Tools
- Penetration Testing Tools
- Mobile App Testing Tools
If you are looking to dig into our latest posts then check out our homepage.
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!
Disclaimer: The order of these test management tools doesn’t suggest any recommendations.