This blog post explores the best LambdaTest alternatives for software testers.
Each team approaches testing differently. It’s critical to find cross browser compatibility issues. LambdaTest is an excellent cross browser compatibility testing solution, but there are alternatives to LambdaTest tool.
I have compiled a list of the best alternatives to LambdaTest cross borwser and app testing tool in order to help you find a new tool for your team.
LambdaTest is a cloud-based cross-browser testing tool which helps us to perform cross-browser testing for web applications on more than 3000+ browsers, OS and mobile devices. Its Selenium grid is highly compatible, it supports every automation framework based on various languages, and it offers Selenium Bindings. It can support us in both desktop and mobile web automation, it can automate our testing workflow.
This cloud based testing platform allows us to perform both manual and automation execution across different platforms. Using LambdaTest, we can execute parallel test sessions simultaneously, which results in reducing the test cycles and increasing the quality of the product. It is a secure, scalable and reliable platform that can help us cut down feedback time and accelerate the deployment.
LambdaTest is best for companies related to Saas, PaaS, FinTech, E-commerce, Digital Marketing, E-learning etc. It is used by thousands of developers and testers working in companies like Newsela, Scholastic, Capgemini, Eureka, etc.
- Browser Compatibility: It supports a vast range of browsers, mobile and desktop devices, versions, and operating systems. In addition to that, it helps us to capture real-time browser compatibility sessions by providing features to record and take screenshots.
- Seamless collaboration: It can log the issues instantly during test sessions. It allows us to share the issue immediately through email, Slack, and even log in to different bug tracking tools.
- Responsiveness validation: With a single click, we can check the responsiveness of different screen sizes, it is due to the secure shell tunnel feature.
- Automated Screenshots: By selecting a few configurations, we can fetch a huge set of required screenshots with LamdbaTest.
- Cross-device testing: It provides us with huge options to test from different device OS, iOS, Android, different versions, different devices such as iPhone,iPad, Google, Samsung, Oneplus etc.
- Cross-browser testing: LambdaTest supports us to test a variety of latest browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge,
- Bug Tracker: We don’t have to spend on a third-party bug tracking tool, LambdaTest test offers in-built issue tracking features which can help us to assign, track, export to pdf, and share bugs.
- It supports Selenium Grid for Web/Mobile Web Automation Testing.
- It runs Cypress Tests across 40+ browser versions Of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
- It supports parallel testing which reduces the execution time and speeds up the market launch.
- It enables continuous testing with easy integration with CI/CD tools including Jenkins, Circle CI, Gitlab CI. etc.
- It can run live interactive browser compatibility testing.
- With the help of the LambdaTest Browser App, we can scroll sync to test two viewports at the same time.
- It enables faster automated screenshot testing.
- It has a bit of lag when using virtual machines.
- It has some stability issues when it comes to simulators.
- It needs a very strong internet connection to use the tool.
- It’s not open-source software, and it is quite costly.
- It doesn’t support Native app testing.
- It doesn’t support API testing
Comparison LambdaTest Competitors
|Basic Plan Pricing
|$180 / month
|$588 / year
|AWS Device Farm
|$3000 / year (Unlimited testing)
|$228 / year
|$500 / year
|$468 / year
|$348 / year
List of Best LambdaTest Alternatives
Even Though LambdaTest seems like the best solution, it lacks certain features. Here are some alternatives that can be used instead of LambdaTest.
Best for conducting comprehensive browser testing across a wide range of platforms and versions.
TestGrid stands as the pinnacle of testing platforms, outshining competitors like LambdaTest with a comprehensive suite of features designed to elevate the testing experience.
Here are the key reasons why TestGrid emerges as the superior alternative:
Holistic Testing Approach: While LambdaTest primarily focuses on functional testing, TestGrid takes it a step further by offering end-to-end testing solutions. This encompasses cross-browser testing, mobile app testing, API testing, and performance testing, providing users with a complete testing ecosystem.
Automation Capabilities: TestGrid boasts a diverse range of automation options, going beyond LambdaTest’s manual and scripted offerings. In addition to these, TestGrid introduces AI-powered codeless automation, which empowers users to streamline their testing processes and enhance efficiency.
Network Level Testing: A critical aspect often overlooked by LambdaTest is network level testing. TestGrid steps up to the plate by enabling users to test and monitor networks, ensuring optimal performance under various conditions.
Flexible Infrastructure Deployment: Unlike LambdaTest’s cloud-exclusive infrastructure, TestGrid provides the flexibility of hosting on the cloud, on-premise, or in a hybrid manner. This adaptable approach ensures that users have the freedom to choose an environment that aligns perfectly with their specific requirements.
With TestGrid, testing becomes a seamless, comprehensive, and tailored experience. Elevate your testing endeavors and unlock unparalleled efficiency and accuracy with TestGrid’s cutting-edge capabilities. Say goodbye to limitations and embrace a future-ready testing solution today.
Pricing details: It comes with three plans.
- Freemium – $0 for 200 minutes of testing each month
- Public Cloud of real devices & browsers – $49/MO
- Private dedicated devices – Starts from $23/MO
#2. AWS Device Farm
AWS Device Farm is an application testing service that helps businesses test web and mobile applications across multiple desktop browsers and mobile devices. It helps us improve the quality of our iOS, Android, and web applications by testing them against real phones and tablets in the AWS Cloud.
This software testing platform helps us in executing performance testing applications which would provide us with real-time automated testing and reproduction of issues, simulating and testing issues that might occur on a multiple platforms
- AWS Device Farm helps you to test on the same device your customers use.
- It simulates a real-time environment used by the end-user.
- It integrates with our development workflow.
- It has 300 plus devices in the labs and you can connect and test against it.
- Using AWS Device Farm we can test in both Android and iOS, it supports parallel execution.
Browserling is a cross-browser testing tool that helps us test our website in the most popular browsers. It runs the browsers in a virtual machine and we get live access to them. It also has a free version
It supports developers, programmers and testers with application deployment, anonymous browsing and file sharing. It offers testing utilities for PHP, XML, HTML, CSS code encodings, debugging and much more.
- It allows us to take a screenshot of our testing, annotate it, save it to our account and send an email.
- It helps us to perform local web testing with secure SSH tunnels.
- With one click we can start our responsive web testing changing screen resolution and browser window sizes with one click.
- The bug hunter feature helps us to identify design issues and defects on our website and send bug reports with one click.
- Browserling is an HTML5 based application so it doesn’t require additional plugins, Java or flash.
Kobiton is a device testing platform which allows us to create a real-time environment to get an optimal mobile experience. It allows us to access the physical devices via the cloud, it also provides us with full support for orientation and gestures.
Kobiton provides us real-time app analytics based on detailed logs, which include videos, screenshots, gestures, in addition to those data, it also gives us system metrics such as battery and memory performance
- Kobiton automation testing supports parallel execution.
- It allows us to perform both manual and automation testing on real devices.
- It can integrate with major integration tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, TeamCity etc.,
- It also supports Selenium WebDriver, Appium, and Katalon Studio.
- It can provide private, public, or hybrid cloud support.
Sauce Lab helps us perform both manual and automated testing in mobile and web applications for over 800 browsers, more than 200 mobile emulators and simulators, and more than 2,000 real devices.
- Saucelab is a highly reliable, on-demand cloud that provides enterprise-grade scalability with industry-standard security.
- It supports popular testing frameworks, automation tools, and services.
- It can be programmed in any language.
- It helps us identify test failures quickly with debugging tools like screenshots, video recordings, and detailed logs
- It allows us to record the virtual run and supports parallel testing.
It takes automated screenshots across various browsers simultaneously and then compares side-by-side over historical test runs. It is best suited for testing desktop and mobile browsers.
- It has the live debugging feature where it identifies the design issues.
- It enables us to take automated screenshots based on our needs.
- It provides us with a visual comparison of multiple browsers along with previous test runs.
- It can help us to test on real devices, and also supports local testing.
- It has a full-fledged API which integrates various testing tools such as Jenkins, Jira, Slack, Cucumber etc.
#7. Digital.ai Continuous Testing formerly Experitest
Digital.ai Continuous Testing is a testing platform that supports manual and automation testing against 2000+ mobile devices and Web browsers. It is an intelligent DevOps delivery and management platform.
It supports us to run large-scale Appium-based tests on multiple devices, emulators, and simulators, and it monitors application performance and test results in real-time. It enables us to align planning, software delivery, app testing, and security into a unique AI-driven value stream.
- It makes it easy to create and run large scale appium tests across 1000+ real iOS and Android devices.
- Digital.ai Continuous Testing’s global data centres host several devices, emulators and simulators.
- It supports accessibility testing, it helps us deliver accessible website and application experiences for people with disabilities.
- Digital.ai Test Analytics provides us with a consolidated view which helps us gain instant visibility, quickly identify faults, and perform root cause analysis.
- Digital.ai performance monitoring enables us to understand our website and web application on various responses from client to server to UI render.
There are a huge variety of test automation solutions in the market, but that doesn’t mean that they are all good. We have to find a solution that can create a proper device infrastructure for our team, it has to be truly optimised based on our requirements.
Even though LambdaTest provides a comprehensive solution for our web testing needs, we have to agree that it is not a one size fits all solution. That’s why we have given you some recommendations for alternatives for Lambda testing. First, start from understanding your team’s skill-set and needs before assessing and finally choosing a solution.
- Best AWS Device Farm Alternatives
- Best BrowserStack Alternatives
- Best Headspin Alternatives
- Best Perfecto Mobile Alternatives
- Best Appium Alternatives
- Best Experitest Alternatives
- Best Sauce Labs Alternatives
Disclaimer:Information is obtained from publicly available information and is deemed accurate but not warranted. Prospects should not rely solely on this comparison and should do their own diligence. Any mistakes or omissions should be brought to our attention.