This blog post explores the best XRay alternatives for software testers.
Each team approaches testing differently. It’s critical to find a test management system that works best for you. XRay is an excellent test management solution, but there are alternatives to XRay test management tool.
I have compiled a list of the best alternatives to XRay Test Management Tool in order to help you find a new tool for your team.
Xray is a test management tool for Jira that helps you to organize, plan, and report your testing process with accuracy. It seamlessly integrates with Jira.
Xray enhances your agile boards by monitoring the requirement status and test execution progress in real time. It also offers sophisticated reporting that may be exported to Docx, xlsx, or pdf using Xporter. You may connect it with your favorite Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Cucumber.
- Allows you to easily link your requirements to test cases
- Provides detailed traceability reports.
- Seamless integration with agile processes
- Its robust REST API, integrations, and reporting are ideal for use with your CI/CD pipeline.
- It supports native integration into leading test automation frameworks like Selenium, Cucumber, etc.,
Don’t miss: How To Choose A Test Management Tools
Comparison XRay Competitors
|Tool Name||Free Trial||Basic Plan Pricing||Link|
|PractiTest||14 days||$ 39 /per user /per month||Learn more|
|ReQtest||10 days||$6 – $45 / user||Learn more|
|qTest||14 days||Contact qTest Sales||Learn more|
|TestLodge||30 days||$26 month||Learn more|
|QACoverage||Contact QACoverage Sales||$99/user per year||Learn more|
|QMetry||15 days||Contact Qmetry sales||Learn more|
List of Best XRay Alternatives And Competitors
The main details of each software are listed below, but if you’re in a hurry, here’s a quick list of the best alternatives to XRay Test Management Tool.
If you’d like to see our in-depth analysis, keep reading.
Best for a wide variety of testing methods and enables confident software delivery.
PractiTest is an all-in-one test management solution where you and your team can manage, control, track, document and optimize your QA efforts in real-time.
Use PractiTest as a centralized hub for your entire application lifecycle management, including manual, exploratory and automation testing, and benefit from:
– Clear visibility of all your testing efforts in one place.
– Increased efficiency using reusable tests
– Reduced time to market and improved ROI
- It supports issue tracking/ALM solution
- End-to-end ALM: Requirements, test library, test sets & runs and issues modules, all with inter-entities traceability.
- Enables teams to run, manage, organise and visualize manual, exploratory and automated testing
- Allows you to organize your data dynamically using unique hierarchical filters
- Time-saving features for faster runs and better ROI – Visualize any data dynamically with dashboards and reports.
- Professional: $ 39 /per user /per month
- Enterprise: $ 49 /per user /per month
- Unlimited: Contact Practitest
Free: 14-day trial
Is Practitest better than XRay
When using a the Jira add-on like xRay in particular several issues might arise:
- Non of the Jira add-ons have their own storage, meaning they are using Jira’s storage. When the number of tests increases (especially when incorporating automation), Jira Performance is downgraded. Atlassian publishes the list of issues that are being caused by these add-ons every once in a while and try to improve it, but these issues keep coming back and harm the overall Jira performance.
- Moreover, most (if not all) add-ons give only basic reporting options (CSV files only). This means that a user that wants to have advanced reporting, must buy external additional add-ons such as Xporter (also mentioned on the Atlassian page). This means more performance issues and more money to be paid.
- Besides that, with Xray a user must pay for ALL JIRA USERS. so if your QA team is 20 people but you have 75 people using Jira (developers, support etc.) you will need to pay for all 75 users (with PractiTest integration – the Jira users will have access to all the data that is relevant for them but you won’t need to pay anything for that).
- With PractiTest you pay per user, with Jira/Xray you pay per tier. Which all builds up to quite a large expense.
Best for IT teams seeking for a cloud-based test management solution.
ReQtest is a cloud-based test management and requirements management tool that helps testing teams to overcome the testing challenges, manage …
ReQTest is acknowledged and recommended by industry leaders Teracom, Dustin, and Schneider. Scania, Coop, Bisnode etc.,
- Built-in filters to identify specific issues.
- Organize requirements effectively in Requirements Hierarchy
- Effortlessly capture, track & manage bugs and issues
- It allows you to link Agile Board components to requirements, bugs, and test cases using this tool.
- Professional: $6 – $45 / user
- Enterprise: Contact Reqtest
Free: 10-day trial
Best for small as well as large-scale organization.
qTest is a test case management solution for project management, bug tracking, and test management. It allows us to track, organize, and report tests with confidence.
This provides a complete overview of your project’s lifecycle, including builds, cycles, suites, and others.
- It enables test cases modifications during test execution and reflects the changes in test design.
- It supports both cloud-based and on-premises deployment.
- It enables you to organize and plan your testing procedures according to project deadlines.
- Arrange and display charts and graphs as desired. Tabs allow you to create numerous dashboards for various projects or teams, each with its own set of metrics.
- Visualize your testing data with interactive heat maps that help you find where the application’s problems are. Then drill down to learn more about the issue
- For optimum efficiency, collaborate with other teams on test cases.
- It seamlessely integrates with Agile and DevOps tools.
Pricing: Contact qTest Sales
Free: 14-day trial
Best for QA teams of all sizes.
TestLodge is an online test case management tool that helps your team to manage their requirements, test plans, test cases, and test runs.
- It integrates with over 20 of the leading issue-tracking tools such as Bugzilla, GitHub, Jira, FogBugz, Redmine etc.,
- Allows you to create test plan using in built template or design it from scratch.
- Create a suite of test cases using our simple interface, or import existing test cases from a spreadsheet.
- Graphs and dashboards allow you to obtain quick information about the status of your testing.
- By using TestLodge, you may improve the efficiency of your bug reporting procedure by generating thorough bug reports immediately.
- Premium: $215 month
- Plus: $107 month
- Basic: $53 month
- Personal: $26 month
Free: 30 day trial
Best for testers, developers.
QACoverage is a test case management tool that manages all your testing processes and helps you produce high quality and bug free products.
It offers project management solutions like Test Design, Test Automation, Test Execution, Reporting and Dashboard, Requirement Management, and Agile modules that streamline the workflow for Quality Assurance teams.
- Seamless integration with test automation frameworks like Katalon and Cypress
- To improve testing and deployment automation, work with Continuous Integration (CI) tools like Jenkins to automate testing and delivery.
- Provides crucial analytics and bug reports.
- Allows you to design and group test cases based on test types, priority, etc.,
- Test Case Manager: $99/user per year
- Application Lifecycle Manager: $199/user per year
- Test Case Manager: $299/user
- Application Lifecycle Manager: $399/user
Best for meeting your agile testing goals
QMetry is a quality platform that enables Continuous Testing and Agile Teams to develop, manage, and deploy better software faster with confidence. It provides a wide range of testing services including E2E test management, integration with test automation, powerful quality metrics, and analytics.
- It offers cloud and on-premise test management tool for Agile/DevOps teams.
- Integrates with tools like Jira, Jenkins, TestNG, Bamboo and many more.
- Supports deep Integration with Jira, CI/CD and automation tools.
- It saves your time on testing with its cross-project reuse support.
- Shareable Test Cases allow you to maximize efficiency and reusability by sharing test cases with other users as needed.
Pricing: Contact Qmetry sales
Free: 15 days trial
The best way to find the right XRay alternative is by carefully considering your needs and weighing all of your options. Our list should help you get started in finding a solution that will work for you.
We recommend considering these six options before making a final decision on which one you want to use in place of XRay. The best thing about using our list is that we’ve included information like pricing and features so that you can make more informed decisions without having to go through hours of research yourself! Let us know if this list helps in the comment section below.
- Best PractiTest Alternatives
- Best TestRail Alternatives
- Best ReQtest Alternatives
- Best Zephyr Alternatives
- Best qTest Alternatives
DisclaimerAll information contained here is based on publicly available information and is deemed correct but not warranted. Any errors or omissions should be brought to our attention, and prospective customers are encourage to do independent research.