Considering alternatives to Digital Guardian DLP?
We have curated a list of top Digital Guardian alternatives. When evaluating different solutions, we compare competencies in categories such as pricing, ease-of-use, integration and deployment, service and support, and specific product capabilities.
The top alternatives to Digital Guardian DLP include Endpoint Protector, McAfee DLP, Check Point, Trend Micro, and so on.
In this article, we will see the following.
What is Digital Guardian DLP?
Digital Guardian DLP is a fully-featured Data Loss Prevention Software designed to serve Enterprises, SMEs, and StartUps. It provides end-to-end solutions designed for Web Apps and Android.
Digital Guardian Endpoint DLP is endpoint management and data security module that gives organizations granular control on how sensitive business data is transferred and guarded across the network. It intelligently tracks event information across endpoints and automatically takes action against detected threats to make sure high-value assets remain safe and under the company’s control in any way times.
- Intelligently monitor and shield high-value data resources
- Automate encryption and threat remediation actions
- Proactive data tagging and classification
- Create and configure utilization policies
- Full data security across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms
Features of Digital Guardian DLP
#1. Data Loss Prevention
Stopping every safety threat is nearly impossible, but preventing data loss isn’t. It plays a vital role in ensuring valuable information assets remain safe and within the organization’s control prior to, during, and after any virtual attack.
#2. Customizable Workspaces
It gives hazard seekers and other security employees feature-rich workspaces they could utilize to examine critical threat intelligence data and efficiently mitigate virtually any breach.
#3. Lightweight Endpoint Agent
It’s endpoint protection services influence a single endpoint agent that collects event data and protects devices from exceptionally advanced threats – all with minimal effect on endpoint functionality.
Digital Guardian offers security teams’ tremendous flexibility and control over how organization data is used and how incoming risks can be handled. Such granular control gives organizations the capacity to maximize security attempts without impacting regular business procedures.
#5. Unauthorized file copies
It can also prevent users from copying files from a sensitive, restricted area to somewhere else where they might be able to more easily ex-filtrate it.
#6. Alerting Administrators of suspicious activities
Any time a user uploads a file to a server or personal email, it is logged and reported as something to be reviewed. If nothing is found in scanning the data, it will still notify you that it happened, so you can review it yourself to confirm it wasn’t a false negative.
Why look for Digital Guardian DLP Alternatives?
Businesses look for Digital Guardian Alternatives because of the following cons-
- Program Conflicts – It can often cause undesirable effects in programs. According to reviews, the user has substantial issues with it locking up Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Excessive false positives – If you don’t tune the software properly, you may end up reviewing a lot of non-critical items, and that can lead to lots of extra admin time for fairly benign occurrences.
- Frequent program updates – Digital Guardian issues updates for their software frequently, and often times those updates will fix one problem but cause another problem.
- Less features – Its limited content detection methods and current lack of fingerprinting capacity could significantly lessen its attractiveness for associations with compliance requirements to protect consumer or patient confidential information.
- Limited discovery coverage might also be an issue for DLP buyers.
Perhaps the biggest obstacle with the entire Digital Guardian solution is the current lack of integration between the DG Agent and DG Network Suite. Companies acquiring both products to possess comprehensive coverage must be prepared to produce and manage policies across two different management consoles.
List of Digital Guardian Competitors
The main details of each software are listed below, but if you’re in a hurry, here’s a quick list of the best alternatives to Digital Guardian DLP Software.
If you’d like to see our in-depth analysis, keep reading.
#1. Endpoint Protector
Best for insider threat/IP/PII protection.
Endpoint Protector is one of the leading DLP solutions that has features to protect your sensitive data from persistent security threats and malware. It is the solution for Intellectual Property (IP) Protection, Personal Identifiable Information Protection (PII), Insider Threat Protection, and Compliance & Regulations.
Prevent data theft or loss with Endpoint Protector by monitoring activity related to device use and record transfers. Monitor what sensitive information leaves your company and prevent data ex-filtration with an all-in-one Data Loss Prevention solution.
- It offers feature of device control to lockdown, control, and track USB & peripheral interfaces.
- It gives content-aware protection for removable devices and applications like Skype & Outlook.
- It provides enforced encryption features that will permit you to encrypt, manage, and protected USB storage devices.
- EDiscovery performance will detect, encrypt, and delete sensitive information.
- Endpoint Protector utilizes advanced technologies like N-gram-based text categorization to accurately discover the intellectual property, including source code, within hundreds of file types and then monitor and control any transfers.
- It provides rapid and remote customer installation. Multiple installation options are accessible with this tool.
- It has a simplified installation process.
Verdict: Endpoint Protector is a comprehensive and industry-leading cross-platform DLP solution available in the market. It provides fast and remote clients and multiple deployments. It allows businesses to find, monitor, and protect sensitive data with advanced multi-OS data loss prevention.
Pricing: Request Endpoint Protector for pricing . You can also get a free demo on request.
#2. Forcepoint DLP
Forcepoint’s security platform includes URL filtering, email and web security products, DLP solution, Raytheon’s SureView Insider Threat technology, and so on.
Forcepoint has been the best in the DLP solution since 2007. The solution has seen continuous improvement since its inception. It combines separate modules for Network Gateway, Discovery, and Endpoint DLP. While maybe not overpowering the competition, Forcepoint DLP alternative is considered to be a strong contender in each area.
- The best features of the Forcepoint DLP include OCR capacity – the ability to detect sensitive data in image files.
- It is user-friendly, with countless pre-packaged policies categorized by country, state, industry, etc.
- Forcepoint DLP includes an incident hazard ranking letting admins know which incidents and/or consumers to review first and “drip DLP” to identify small leaks over time.
- It protects PII and PHI, company financials, trade secrets, credit card data, and other pieces of sensitive customer data.
- It follows intellectual property (IP) in both structured and unstructured forms and stop low & slow data theft even when user devices are offline.
Verdict: Forcepoint structure is relatively simple by DLP criteria and includes a management server, a data server, and a third host to track network traffic and supply blocking for email and web traffic.
Pricing: Request Forcepoint DLP for pricing. You can also request a free trial.
#3. McAfee DLP
McAfee’s DLP is a detailed data loss prevention solution that can safeguard intellectual property. It may shield the business-critical information regarding the network, in the cloud, and in endpoints.
It provides an automated reporting facility that aids with ensuring compliance and safeguarding personal information. It also provides flexible deployment choices.
McAfee includes three main components that cover the Network, Discovery, and Endpoint. The McAfee DLP Monitor part is unique among DLP offerings, allowing the record of not just information from incidents triggered by policy violations but possibly all network traffic.
This allows review of data that doesn’t meet existing rule sets, uncovering incidents or offenses that otherwise might have gone undetected. Policies may also be edited or fine-tuned and then run against this recorded data, providing a historical view of how policy effects could have impacted incident effects.
- Its MVISION ePO feature helps users handle all DLP violations and reporting.
- It has a common policy on endpoints, networks, and the cloud. This may eliminate the need for recreating policies to protect the data in numerous environments.
- This DLP package gives the functionalities of finding sensitive information, enforcing DLP policies, scanning network traffic in real-time, monitoring & preventing private information reduction, and protecting removable devices & websites.
- You’ll have the ability to expand DLP policies to the cloud.
- It enables integration with user behavior third-party analytics to tackle insider threats.
Verdict: It not only helps you monitor day-to-day user behavior and offers compliance by providing user education. With a single click of a button, MacAfee offers detailed reports for auditors and others.
Pricing: Request McAfee DLP for pricing. You can also get a free demo on request.
#4. Symantec DLP
Best for enterprise level business.
Symantec DLP is considered to be the most feature-rich of any DLP offering and often is your bar against which all other DLP products.
One unique benefit of this Symantec DLP is the choice to include Veritas’ Data Insight merchandise. Data Insight provides visibility into unstructured information usage, ownership, and access permissions. This product competes directly with solutions away from the DLP space and may represent a fantastic value for organizations looking with this extra capability. No other DLP seller provides this kind of solution.
Symantec DLP may also be customized in ways most other DLP solutions cannot. It offers a high level of customizability and coverage tuning that is unsurpassed. This configurability, however, comes at a price. Symantec DLP is broadly considered to be the most complex of DLP solutions and more likely to need significant deployment hours and ongoing consulting service. For organizations with adequate resources – budgetary and personnel – the solution might be a good choice.
- Symantec DLP includes features of real-time blocking, quarantining, and alarms. This will stop and discourage end users from leaking info.
- It’s features automatic incident remediation workflows and SmartResponses. This will enable you to respond quickly and efficiently in the event of critical data loss.
- Stop malware and user-installed apps from ex-filtrating valuable data by harnessing the power of Symantec’s DLP.
- It provides threat-aware data security for restricting questionable apps.
- With this tool, users can restrict non-compliant data transfers and verifiably protect personal data.
- You can identify and block apps from furtively exfiltrating sensitive data.
Verdict: Discover and locate confidential data in cloud storage repositories, file and web servers, databases, and on end points with this solution. It provides you with the flexibility to fine-tune policies to balance security and end-user productivity.
Pricing: Request Symantec DLP for pricing.
#5. Check Point
Check Point DLP provides pre-emptive protection against unintentional data loss. It offers Innovative MultiSpect feature, which combines user, content, and procedure information to make precise conclusions, while UserCheck technology enables users to dismiss incidents in real-time.
This software offers self-educating network-based DLP solution which frees IT/security personnel from incident handling and teaches users on proper data handling policies – protecting sensitive business data from both intentional and unintentional leak.
- Users can control sensitive information in movements, such as email, web browsing, and file sharing services.
- Check Point UserCheck enables consumers to remedy leak incidents in real-time. Its innovative technology alerts users of suspected breaches and leaks for instant remediation and allows quick authorization of legitimate communications. This is achieved via multi-parameter data classification and correlation.
- It delivers exceptionally high accuracy in identifying sensitive data like Personally Identifiable Information (PII), compliance related data (HIPAA, SOX, PCI, etc.), and other confidential business data.
- Pattern matching and document classification allow for the identification of content types regardless of the extension applied to the compression or file.
Verdict:Itsmulti-layered data protection preemptively protects data from theft, corruption, and unintentional loss. It also educates users on proper data handling policies as well as remediate incidents in real-time. Check Point also tracks and controls data movements across the network to make sure sensitive information does not leave the organization.
Pricing: Request Check Point DLP for pricing. It offers a free trial. You can also request a free demo.
Best for data loss prevention, investigation, and response.
Code42 is a leading Insider Threat SaaS software. It empowers users to protect data and stop insider threats. This is a solution for quickly and accurately detecting and responding to insider breaches and threats. Code42 gives a company-wide perspective of the activities like questionable file movement, sharing, and exfiltration according to vector and file type.
Its Next-Gen Data Loss Protection allows security teams to more quickly and easily safeguard their cloud and endpoint information from loss, escape, misuse and theft. Unlike conventional DLP, Code42’s cloud-native alternative works without requiring strict prevention policies that could block employee productivity. Instead, it clears the way for innovation and collaboration by providing visibility to each version of each file.
In minutes, Code42 can check an entire company for document movement across common data reduction vectors, including cloud and non-cloud locations such as employee computers and desktops.
- For risk detection, Incydr offers the feature of untrusted domains, suspicious file mismatch, remote activity, etc.
- It can determine the time once the worker is active on the computer.
- Code42 offers various risk prioritization capabilities like application monitoring, file archive detection, activity thresholds, suspicious document movement, file match, and so on.
- Its built-in performance of an authorized hold will let you do the task without the consumer’s knowledge.
Verdict: Code42 is one of the leading DLP solutions and Digital Guardian competitors. It is a SaaS solution that can easily discover the data security blind spots. It protects data by monitoring flight risks and other high-risk employee types. 50,000+ organizations trusts Code42.
Pricing: Request Code42 for pricing.
Best For businesses of all sizes. Government organizations use Teramind for monitoring employees and remote users.
Teramind is an award-winning employee monitoring software and pc security program. It monitors what workers are doing on their computers as well as protects the organization from potential dangers like information theft. It is available on cloud, on-premise, AWS, Azure. Free Android App.
It can identify suspicious activity, detect possible threats, optimize productivity, and ensure regulatory compliance. Users can take automated actions like a warning, block, lock-outs, and more to keep the business running safely and economically. You can also monitor workers on the go using Android Mobile App.
With Teramind, companies can isolate suspicious activity, pinpoint probable safety hazards, in addition to monitor worker productivity and efficiency. The program also assists IT security teams and owners in decreasing security incidents by providing them with real-time alerts.
Teramind further secures business networks by redirecting users to safe sites and platforms. On top of this, the application also locks out devices or users who threaten the integrity of the provider.
- It offers flexible deployment, which permits companies to choose which installation type works for them and is suitable for their own budget.
- Teramind’s flexible features are user-definable. This enables businesses to use settings for purposes that are more suitable for their work procedures. In addition to that, the program can also be personalized according to customers’ requests.
- Those who choose to work with Teramind Cloud can rest assured their precious company data are in secure hands. The program’s data centers are protected and are PCI-compliant.
- Employers can track their workers’ tasks in real time. The software lets them instantly flow what their employees are doing on their own laptops. This tool also allows employers and their IT departments to take over the monitor. In the event of potential security breaches, this assists the company in ensuring that no information is relayed to a third party.
- Teramind constantly works in the background of computers it is installed in and documents all kinds of tasks, including keystrokes. Furthermore, the recorded activity videos assist companies in determining business policy infractions.
Verdict: Teramind provides computer monitoring and data loss prevention software to monitor the behavior of employees and distant users. Aside from monitoring computers for possible security threats, Teramind also assists companies in ensuring that their employees are effective during work hours. Doing so enables them to save time and money on projects and allows them ensures that employees don’t participate in rigorous and inefficient practices.
- Teramind Starter – Screen recording & live view, website and apps tracking – ₹ 305 INR per user/month
- Teramind UAM – User activity monitoring, audit, forensics, UBA, policies and rules – ₹ 637 INR per user/month
- Teramind DLP – Teramind UAM plus content-based data exfiltration rules – ₹ 765 INR per user/month
#8. GTB Technologies
GTB Technologies is another great Digital Guardian alternative. It offers Data Protection solution (either via the network, cloud, or endpoint) that can prevent the loss of data from Malware, virus, and trusted insiders by blocking sensitive data (structured, semi or unstructured) regardless of file type, port, or channel, in real-time with impeccable accuracy thus providing true cybersecurity and insider threat defense whether it be on-premise, off-premise, in the cloud or as a managed service.
GTB offers Advanced Data Protection solution discovers, classifies, checks, protects, and manages your sensitive data wherever it’s stored and used – across network, endpoints, mobile devices, and storage systems.
- It offers a real-time and accurate DLP solution.
- Its unique feature includes fingerprint detection for data in use.
- It let users control the 4 W’s for the access of the information, i.e. who can access the data, what can be done with it, when the user can access it, and where to use it.
Verdict: This solution will keep the businesses completely aware of the sensitive data leaving the organization. Companies will get insights on where the data is sent and how to sto it.
Price: Request GTB Technologies for pricing.
In today’s world of increasing information reduction events and data privacy regulations, associations have little option but to take action to safeguard sensitive information. The chance of exposure of private employee and customer information, legal records, and intellectual property is large. Tech has evolved, but remains ultimately ineffective in understanding users’ intentions. This is the reason so many companies are choosing comprehensive DLP solutions. Digital Guardian is a good DLP solution but lacks certain features. Endpoint Protector is our top recommendation.
- Best Data Loss Prevention Software
- Best Device Control Software
- Learn How To Secure Business Data With Endpoint Protector USB Enforced Encryption
- Best Forcepoint DLP Alternatives
- Best Mcafee DLP Alternatives
- Best Symantec DLP Alternatives