Cloud testing tools are essential for quality assurance and software development teams. By using the right cloud-based software testing tools, you can improve your test coverage while reducing the time and effort needed to complete your tests.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the best cloud-based testing tools in the market today.
List of the Best Software Testing Tools For Cloud
|Tool Name||Logo||Free Trial||Best for||Link|
|Akamai CloudTest||30 days||Small to large businesses.||Learn more|
|Nessus||7 days||Consultants, Pen Testers, Developers and SMB's.||Learn more|
|LoadStorm||Available||Small to large businesses.||Learn more|
|BlazeMeter||Available||DevOps teams.||Learn more|
|Visual Studio App Center||30 days||Enterprises.||Learn more|
|Wireshark||Available||Small to large businesses.||Learn more|
|AWS Device Farm||Available||Enterprises.||Learn more|
Top 7 Cloud-based Software Testing Tools For Cloud-Based Apps
As software products move to the cloud, testing these products becomes more complex.
Cloud testing tools are becoming increasingly popular among software testers, QA professionals, and developers.
This is because they offer a number of benefits that traditional testing tools don’t.
Here are some of the best cloud-based testing tools available today.
#1. Akamai CloudTest (Formerly SOASTA CloudTest)
Best for small to large businesses.
CloudTest is a cloud-performance testing platform. Its main purpose is to help you performance test your site or app before it experience a high volume of traffic, so that way you can strengthen any areas beforehand. CloudTest allows you to test how well your website performs under pressure by simulating multiple users visiting the site at the same time.
CloudTest is the perfect tool for testing websites, mobile apps, APIs, databases, and online services. It also works with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes.
- It has Visual Playback Editor and Visual Test Creation.
- Have all your performance data in one place with its customizable built-in dashboards, which bring together analytics from third-party monitoring tools.
- Akamai Global Test Cloud allows you to simulate your actual user base and generate realistic production volume from those locations.
- To create your own private test environment, it allows you to utilize a virtual private cloud (VPC) or internal load generators in multiple labs.
- With real-time analytics, you may instantly adjust the load to evaluate its effect on performance.
Free Trial: 30 days.
Pricing: Contact CloudTest for pricing.
Best for Consultants, Pen Testers, Developers and SMB’s
Nessus is developed by Tenable and is the most comprehensive vulnerability assessment solution on the market. Nessus Expert will help automate the vulnerability assessment process for the modern attack surface, save time on your compliance cycles and allow you to engage your IT team.
Nessus is free to download and use. Nessus is also available in a commercial version, which includes additional features and support.
It scans for vulnerabilities in a variety of areas, including:
- Operating system vulnerabilities
- Application vulnerabilities
- Network vulnerabilities
- Database vulnerabilities
- Nessus may be used on a variety of platforms, including the Raspberry Pi. It is completely portable no matter where you are, what you need to get there, or how distributed your environment is.
- It supports network discovery, server hardening and compliance checking.
- Dynamically compiled plug-ins improve scan performance and efficiency, allowing for faster completion of the first scan as well as a quicker time to value.
- Automatically performs an offline vulnerability assessment with each plugin update, revealing vulnerable areas based on your scan history. You may quickly perform a scan to confirm the presence of the vulnerability that improves issue detection and prioritization.
- Customizable reporting functionality can be tailored to meet your unique demands and is exportable in formats that are appropriate for your security procedure.
- More than 450 templates that are pre-configured show you quickly where your vulnerabilities are.
- Easily audit compliance of configurations against CIS benchmarks and other best practices.
Price: Nessus offers a free trial for 7 days. Nessus Expert purchase costs $4990 per year.
Best for small to large businesses.
LoadStorm is a cloud load testing tool that allows users to load test their websites and mobile applications by simulating large numbers of virtual users. LoadStorm can generate load to test the performance of your site or application under real-world conditions and performs in-depth analysis.
- It performs cloud load testing to help developers find the scalability of their web or mobile applications.
- Advanced reporting provides an overview of how the application is performing under load, as well as a detailed analysis.
Pricing: Contact LoadStorm for pricing
Best for DevOps teams.
BlazeMeter is a complete continuous testing platform. It is a Cloud-based platform that lets you manage all of your testing activities from one location. It’s fairly simple to run various types of testing in the BlazeMeter environment, whether it be functional testing, performance testing, continuous testing, scriptless testing, API testing and monitoring, or load testing.
- This SaaS platform is designed to be quickly learned and adopted. You can use LoadRunner conversion tool to convert your scripts to JMeter or Selenium in minutes.
- Test more efficiently by using tools that your developers are already comfortable with, such as JMeter, Jenkins, Selenium, and WireMock.
- You can access up to 4 million+ virtual users and up to 55+ geo-locations
- It allows teams to carry out parallel speed tests, and also provides accurate results.
- Free plan – 50 concurernt users
- Basic plan – $99/month (billed annually) for 1000 concurrent users
- Pro plan – $499/month (billed annually) for 5000 concurrent users
- Unleashed plan – contact blazemeter sales
#5. Visual Studio App Center (Formerly Xamarin Test Cloud)
Best for enterprises.
Visual Studio App Center is a cloud-based app development service that enables you to build, test, deploy and monitor your iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS apps – quickly and conveniently. It’s an end-to-end solution that includes everything you need to get your app up and running, from initial development to final distribution. Visual Studio App Center is a powerful tool that can help you save time and money, and streamline your app development process.
- With Visual Studio App Center, you can test your app on thousands of real devices and hundreds of configurations in the cloud. Automate UI tests for your apps with popular testing frameworks, so that you can focus on developing your app rather than worrying about compatibility issues.
- You can quickly build apps in Swift, Objective-C, Java, React Native, Xamarin and UWP apps without any hassle.
- By testing every UI interaction and generating reports with step-by-step tracking, screenshots, and logs, you can easily diagnose bugs and performance problems.
Trial: Free 30 day trial
- + $40/month per build concurrency
- + $99/month per standard device concurrency
Best for small to large businesses.
Wireshark is a free and open source packet analyzer used for network troubleshooting and analysis. It captures network packets in real time and displays them in human-readable format. Wireshark can be used to troubleshoot network problems, examine security issues, debug protocol implementations, and learn network internals.
- Runs on multi-platform such as Windows, Linux, macOS, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- After capturing network data, you can either browse it via a GUI or use the TTY-mode TShark utility.
- Supports rich VoIP analysis
- Files compressed with gzip can be rapidly decompressed
- Allows you to collect data from a live feed through Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay and more (depending on your platform).
Price: It is free and open-source.
#7. AWS Device Farm
Best for enterprises.
AWS Device Farm is an application testing service that lets you test and interact with your Android, iOS, and web apps on real, physical devices in the AWS cloud. AWS Device Farm makes it easy to improve the quality of your app before releasing it to customers.
AWS Device Farm is a cost-effective way to test your app on a wide range of physical devices. AWS Device Farm eliminates the need to provision and maintain a device farm, or to purchase expensive, hard-to-find physical devices.
- Can test your app on a wide range of real, physical devices including popular phones and tablets from Samsung, Google, Amazon, and Microsoft.
- AWS Device Farm is integrated with AWS CodePipeline, so you can automatically run your tests every time you update your app.
- It provides a realistic environment for end-users to interact with.
By utilizing AWS Device Farm, we are able to test apps on both Android and iOS simultaneously.
Pricing: It offers three plans.
- Pay As You Go – At $0.17 per device minute.
- Unlimited Testing – At $250 per month.
- Private devices – At $200 per month.
What is a Cloud Testing Tool?
Cloud Testing Tools are used to test applications that are deployed on a cloud platform. Cloud platforms provide a scalable, on-demand environment for application development and deployment. Cloud Testing Tools help ensure that applications deployed on a cloud platform are operating effectively by examining the overall performance of cloud resources.
What are the best Cloud Testing Tools?
Some of the best Cloud Testing Tools are
1. SOASTA CloudTest
5. App Thwack
What are the key benefits of cloud testing tools
Cloud testing tools provide a cost-effective and efficient way to test applications. They are easy to use and allow developers to focus on their core competencies. Cloud testing tools offer many benefits that make them an attractive option for development teams. Some of the key benefits of cloud testing tools include: On-demand scalability, Reduced time to market, Improved quality and reliability, Easy disaster recovery, Increased flexibility, Lower costs.
With cloud applications becoming more prevalent, organizations need to ensure their testing and development processes are equipped to handle the shift. The cloud presents a unique set of challenges, but there are plenty of software testing tools available to overcome those challenges.
Cloud-based software testing tools are necessary to test the performance of applications that have been built for the cloud. There are many different options available, each with its own strengths and weaknesses.
In this blog post, we listed 7 of the best software testing tools that cover a wide range of test types such as load tests, network traffic analysis, unit tests, and more. These tools will help you insure that your app is stable and performs well before it goes live.
Do you have experience with any of these tools? Let us know in the comments below.
- BEST Performance Testing Tools (Load Testing Tools)
- BEST Continuous Testing Tools
- BEST DevOps Tools
- BEST DevOps Monitoring Tools
- BEST Security Testing Tools For Web Applications
- Load Testing Tutorial (A Complete Guide)
- Security Testing Tutorial (A Complete Guide)
- Cloud Testing Tutorial (A Complete Guide)