In today’s busy world, business owners may not have the time for everything that needs to get done.
Appointment Scheduling Software can help reduce some of this pressure and provide you with more time for other important things like marketing or sales and keep your business running smoothly.
In this article, we will review the best appointment scheduling software, both free and paid, so you can find one that best suits your needs!
What is an Appointment Scheduler Software?
Appointment Scheduling Software is an easy and efficient way to schedule appointments online and boosts customer satisfaction.
Appointment Scheduling Software helps business owners customize their appointment schedules so the process can be tailored specifically towards their industry.
Appointments are created either manually by an office administrator through data entry into the system, or automatically via calendar sync services like Google Calendar.
Once scheduled within the appontment management system (AMS), they may be viewed by all staff members with access permissions. Some AMSs allow for sending reminders out electronically as well as providing reports of booked timeslots to monitor availability of slots.
It helps streamline your processes and keep important information organized.
Appointment scheduling software will allow you to schedule appointments with customers in advance without having to rely on the phone or email.
Appointments can be scheduled for a single client, patient, or customer or many clients, patients, or customers at once, from anywhere in the world with internet access.
It makes easier than ever for people who work at a company – such as managers or receptionists – to find what they need, when they need it!
On average it takes around 15 minutes per day managing your scheduler – organizing notifications about changes in schedules, confirming appointments, and following up with clients to reschedule missed appointments.
Appointment scheduling software enables your staff to focus on more important tasks while providing an efficient way for people to schedule their treatments.
Benefits of Appointment Scheduling Software
- Appointment scheduling software increase your customer satisfaction.
- Connects to all your calendars so you’re never double-booked.
- Appointments lead to higher conversion rates, increased revenue for successful businesses that use them effectively
- You can book multiple appointments simultaneously, which is much easier than trying to schedule them one by one
- The Appointment Scheduling software system will automatically send text messages of reminders about upcoming appointments so that you won’t forget!
- Appointment scheduling software allows your staff to work more efficiently by eliminating appointment bottlenecks that occur when using paper-based methods of appointment scheduling.
- There is no more lost paper records as everything is stored digitally on a cloud database – this helps with compliance to HIPAA regulations while saving money because it eliminates the cost of filing cabinets
- Appointment Scheduling Software can be used in clinics or medical offices where there are multiple physicians, chiropractors, massage therapists etc. Appointments for all staff members can be booked online at the same time and patients don’t need administrative help when booking an appointment themselves (saving your staff valuable time)
- Appointments are scheduled in advance so patients don’t have to wait for someone to be available or put them on hold until they are ready to take their call (and all staff work efficiently)
List of Best Online Scheduling Software
This blog post is about 8 best appointment scheduling and booking software.
#2. Acuity Scheduling
For those who want to learn more about the benefits of Appointment Scheduling Software – read on!
Comparison of Best Online Appointment Scheduling Software
|Appointlet||Customizable appointment schedules for free.||Web||Free: $0 per month
Premium: $8 per month per member.
|Acuity Scheduling||Customized scheduling page.||Web, Android, iOS||Emerging: $14 per month (billed annually)
Growing: $23 per month
Powerhouse: $45 per month
|Setmore||For businesses who wants to customizable schedule planners||Windows, Web, macOS, Android, and iOS||Free: $0 per month, Up to 4 users (Free scheduling software)
Premium: $9 per month (billing annually), Up to 2 users
Pro: $5 per month (billing annually), 3+ users
|SimplyBook.me||For international businesses||Web, Android, iOS||Free: $0 per month (Included 50 bookings)
Basic: $9.9 per month (Included 100 bookings)
Standard: $29.9 per month (Included 500 bookings)
Premium: $59.9 per month (Included 2000 bookings)
|Genbook||For small businesses who want to organize and manage their appointments with simple, smart and affordable appointment scheduling solution.||Web, Android, iOS||Solo: $25 per month per user
Team: $49 per month per 2-5 users
Company: $83 per month per 6-12 users
Detailed listing of Best Appointment Scheduling Software
There are many Appointment Scheduling Software out there. If you’re looking for an Appointment Scheduling software that will help your business thrive and grow then the following is a list of what we consider to be the best:
Best for customizable appointment schedules for free.
Appointlet is a cloud-based appointment scheduling software that lets businesses to customize appointment booking pages as per their choice, and send them to customers and clients. It allows businesses to integrate their booking pages into your webiste, landing pages, sales funnels, and emails for easy commincation.
- This web scheduling software seamlessly integrates with your Google and Office 365 Calendar, so you can access all of your appointments on one single platform.
- It automatically add events to your calender and ensure that you are never double booked.
- You can add multiple appointments, meeting types, and form fields as per your need with its free version.
- It automatically updates the calendar after a booking, cancellation, or rescheduling.
- It can be integrated with Zapier and through Zapier we can link it with other apps such as Salesforce, Zoho CRM, MailChimp, GoToMeeting and 700+ other apps.
- It allows you to automate the process of sending email confirmations and reminders, guarnteeing that your customers will never miss their appointment.
- Easily make a schedule for your day, week or month. Set the length and proximity of breaks between appointments and take as many meetings back to back as you need.
- It gathers customer and prospect information and updates your calendar.
- It allows you to personalize your booking pages & emails to fit your brand.
Supported platforms: Web
Supported Payment Systems: Stripe
Supported Calendars: Google Calendar, Office 365
Free Trial: 15 days (No credit card required)
- Free: $0 per month
- Premium: $8 per month per member.
#2. Acuity Scheduling
Best for customized scheduling page.
Acuity Scheduling is online appointment scheduling app that allows you schedule appointments across varying timezones. It shows your real time availablity to your clients, patients, or customers and allows them to book their own appointments based on your availability.
With Acuity Scheduling software you can send customized notifications, emails or text messages. It also allows you to use integrated payment systems, and embed calendars.
- It can track appointments, measure no-show rates, and evaluate performance.
- For invoicing and accounting purposes you can use QuickBooks and Freshbooks.
- To send emails you can use AWeber, MailChimp and others.
- You can also integrate with 500+ other apps through Zapier.
Supported platforms: Web, Android, iOS
Supported Payment Systems: It integrates with Stripe, PayPal, and Square to accept client payments.
Supported Calendars: It supports 2-way syncing with Google Calendar, iCloud, Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook.com.
Free Trial: 7 days
- Emerging: $14 per month (billed annually)
- Growing: $23 per month
- Powerhouse: $45 per month
Best for businesses who wants to customizable schedule planners
Setmore is a free scheduling software that’s super initiative and easy to use. It can be used by any of your business associates. It helps you to create a schedule to fit in classes, staff login, and sync with your calendar. With this software, clients can schedule appointments in advance and automatically receive reminders.
- It lets you customize your appointment page
- It integrates with apps like Salesforce, Zoho CRM, QuickBooks, Zendesk, and MailChimp.
- Its booking page can be embedded in wordpress, wix, weebly, joomla, drupal, muse, shopify, square space etc.,
- It supports social media integrations such as Facebook, Instagram.
- It allows you to integrate with Zoom and Teleport for video meetings.
Supported platforms: Windows, Web, macOS, Android, and iOS
Supported Payment Systems: Stripe, Square, PayPal
Supported Calendars: Google Calendar, Office 365 Calendar
- Free: $0 per month, Up to 4 users (Free scheduling software)
- Premium: $9 per month (billing annually), Up to 2 users
- Pro: $5 per month (billing annually), 3+ users
Best for international businesses
SimplyBook.me is an online booking system for all service-based industries. Simplybook offers scheduling through multiple channels for convenience. With its marketing tools, it helps marketing by by giving clients membership offers, packages to purchase upon checkout, coupons and gift cards.
- Allows you to customize your site to match your company’s branding guidelines.
- It can send personalized, customized email messages to customers.
- Supports integration with over 10 payment processing services.
- Its booking pages are available in more than 30 different languages.
Supported platforms: Web, Android, iOS
Supported Payment Systems: Alipay, Asiapay (PayDollar, PesoPay, SiamPay), Authorize.net, Blockchain, Bitcoins, Borgun.is, Braintree, CCAvenue, Dwolla, ECPay, GoCoin, Korta.is, Liqpay, Mollie, NewebPay, Pagar.me, Payfast, Payfort, PayGate, Paymentwall, PayPal, PaySafeCard, PayTabs, PayU(Latin America), Pin Payments, Robokassa, Skrill, Square, Stripe, Swish, TapPay, Virtual Card Services, Worldpay, Zooz, and 2Checkout.
Supported Calendars: Google Calendar, Outlook
Free Trial: 14 days
- Free: $0 per month (Included 50 bookings)
- Basic: $9.9 per month (Included 100 bookings)
- Standard: $29.9 per month (Included 500 bookings)
- Premium: $59.9 per month (Included 2000 bookings)
Best for small businesses who want to organize and manage their appointments with simple, smart and affordable appointment scheduling solution.
Genbook is an online and mobile appointment scheduling software. Its built-in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system helps you better identify opportunities for making your customers’ experience the very best. Create automatic text and email reminders, so fewer people will miss their appointments with you!
- It comes with a ‘Last Minute Bookings’ feature that allows you to optimize your schedule.
- It offers last-minute discounts that brings paying customers for appointments that might otherwise go empty.
- It offers features such as Smart Calender to help you manage and optimize your schedule.
Supported platforms: Web, Android, iOS
Supported Payment Systems: Stripe, Square
Supported Calendars: Google, iCloud, Outlook
- Solo: $25 per month per user
- Team: $49 per month per 2-5 users
- Company: $83 per month per 6-12 users
Best for all sizes of businesses regardless of industry.
10to8 is an appointment scheduling tool that lets users communicate professionally and book appointments safely, quickly, and without any troubles. It complies with regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA.
- Reminders can be sent to you as a text, email or voice call.
- All of your appointments can be managed online through this software which is available for scheduling, payments, reviewing and more.
- This is a cloud-based platform that can be operated from anywhere.
- It supports over 1500 apps integration including Zoom Video Conferencing, Facebook, Xero, MailChimp and more
- Its advanced client management keeps all of your customers’ data safe, add private notes and manage customer records
Supported platforms: Web, Android, iOS
Supported Payment Systems: Secure online payments via Stripe and PayPal
Supported Calendars: 2-way calendar sync with Google, iCal, Exchange, Office 365, and Outlook.
- Small business: Free (2 staff logins)
- Basic: $9.6 per month (2 staff logins)
- Grow: $20 per month (3 staff logins)
- Bigger Business: $40 per month (6 staff logins)
- Enterprise: contact for pricing
Best for any recruiting team (indiviuduals, teams, and businesses).
Calendly is the, modern scheduling platform that puts your entire meeting workflow on autopilot. It sends everything from reminder emails to thank you notes and helps ease the scheduling process for meeting organizers and event managers alike. This automated scheduling software aligns, syncs, and integrates everything around your meetings to add time and focus back to your workday.
- It can be embedded to your website, email campaigns, text messages, social profiles, or web chat.
- It can be integrated with apps like Zapier, Zoom, Salesforce, Hubspot, and many more.
- It sends email follow-ups to invitees automatically, continuing the conversation.
Supported platforms: Web, iOS, and Android apps
Supported Payment Systems: Stripe and PayPal
Supported Calendars: Google, Office 365, Outlook, and iCloud calendars
- Basic: Free
- Premium: $8 per user per month
- Pro: $12 per user per month
- Enterprise: contact for pricing.
Best for teams looking for free online scheduling software
Appointy is a cloud-based scheduling solution that’ll help your business grow exponentially and save you tons of money in marketing costs.
- It can be integrated on your website and Facebook page
- It provides customizable deals and discounts
- It can be integrated with Zapier and through Zapier you can link over 1000 apps
Supported platforms: It integrates with Stripe, PayPal, and Square to accept client payments.
Supported Payment Systems: Web, Android, iOS
Supported Calendars: Google calendar sync + iCal feed
- Free: $0 per month (billing annually), You can try 14 day free trial
- Growth: $19.99 per month (billing annually), You can try 14 day free trial
- Professional: $49.99 per month (billing annually), You can try 14 day free trial
- Enterprise: $79.99 per month (billing annually), You can try 14 day free trial
Time spent to research: We spent around 12 hours researching and writing this article.
Tools researched: 16
Tools shortlisted: 8
With a robust online appointment scheduling software, it’s easy to manage your customers’ schedules and organize their bookings. This is especially important for businesses that have high-volume of appointments and/or are open at different times throughout the day. There are plenty of options available depending on how much you want to spend or what features you need most in an appointment scheduler tool. The best appointment scheduling software for your business will depend on what you need. If you’re looking for something free, Appointlet has limited functionality but will get the job done if all you need is basic reminders about who booked when and where they booked from.
FAQ – Online Scheduling Software