Are you a Windows user and looking for the Best Video Players for Windows 10 PC?
In this article, we are going to list some of the best windows media players for windows with their features.
Video players play digital video data from varieties of sources such as local disc, CD, DVD, VCD, streaming services, etc., Modern video players support different operating systems such as Windows, Mac, Linux and support all major file formats.
Many of us use the default Windows Media Player on our Windows-based computers. There are so many 3rd party video players for windows that offer us advanced features.
Are you on a Mac system? Check our review of the best free video player for Mac OS.
Best Windows Video Media Players For Windows 10 PC Download (Free/Paid)
In this list, you can find free video players as well as paid video player software that you can use on your PC. Almost all of them are available for free download and can be installed on Windows 10/7/8, Windows XP.
#1. VLC Media Player or VideoLan
VLC is one of the best free video players in the market. It is an open-source and cross-platform multimedia player. VLC can play every format of video files like CD, VCD, DVD, webcams, audio, and streaming podcast.
- It supports Codec X265 and can run every type of video and music file.
- You can play files such as FLV, MP4, MKV, MP3, MPEG-3, and so on.
- It provides a video filtration facility to operate on stream.
- You can also capture screenshots.
- VLC runs across all platforms such as Windows, Mac, and Android.
Supported Formats: MPEG-1/2, DivX (1/2/3), MPEG-4 ASP, DivX 4/5/6, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Theora, VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), WMV, Quicktime, DV, On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Indeo Video v3 (IV32), Real Video
- It is absolutely free.
- It has audio-video filters.
- Customizable Interface
- Do not support external filters and MIDI playback.
#2. Pot Player
Pot Player has everything you need to enjoy music and videos. In addition to the media player, it contains a screen recorder (together with live streaming), a TV receiver, and a video editor.
- Pot Player can manage files from local storage, URLs, FTP servers, analog TV, digital, DVD, and Blu-ray, all of which are compatible with the playback output device you choose.
- It let you download and sync subtitles, add your own and customize their appearance.
- It supports video from any device and format.
- It allows you to preview the scene with snapshots.
- Detect and sync subtitles in any format.
Supported Formats: MP4, MOV, 3GP and MKV.
- Accelerated hardware performance
- Snapshot capture
- Free of cost
- It cannot play Blue-ray format.
#3. Media Player Classic
It offers incredible features and open-source design. MPC is the biggest competitor of VLC and is capable enough to offer all VLC supported features but at a much smoother rate in an interactive manner.
- It can extend support to external shaders and filters.
- It comes with a portable version that boosts productivity.
- MPC offers DXVA (DirectX Video Acceleration) support.
- Other impressive features include shuttle PN31 remote control support and multi-monitor configuration support.
Supported Formats: Supported formats include WMA, FLV to MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG3, MPEG-4, and DivX.
- Supports key commands and shortcuts
- Possesses customizable skins and toolbar
- Free of cost
#4. KM Player
It is one of the leading sources for video playbacks and content discovery! KM player is highly rated for its record-breaking viewership and can efficiently work as a standalone video player.
- Its supported file formats include UHD, 4K, 2K, and 3D videos.
- You can play real-time while downloading.
- You can extract the video’s audio and convert it into MP3 format.
- Users can customize the KMPlayer theme.
- You can also create and play your very own playlist.
Supported Formats: AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, MP4, Ogg Theora, OGM, RMVB, MPEG1, MPEG2, DVD, Flash, and other audio formats playable via supported decoders
- Provides support to 36 languages
- Available for free
- Annoying ads problem.
#5. SM Player
It can be used for listening to audio tracks and music content. SM Player offers many features along with easy-to-adjust subtitles, customizable playlists, screenshot tools, graphic equalizers, and so on.
- It has built-in codecs that can play all video and audio formats.
- This media player doesn’t need any external codecs.
- You can play Youtube videos and download subtitles.
- It comes with several skins and icon themes, so you can easily change the look of the player.
Supported Formats: Supported File Formats include WMV, MP4, MKV, AVI, etc.
- Free to use
- Graphical user interface (GUI)
- Supports radio
- Learning curve
#6. GOM Player
It is developed by GOM Lab Software Inc. GOM is one of the best free media players available in the market, supporting different types of media formats like AVI, MPEG, FLV, WMW, MOV, MKV, and more.
- It enables you to watch 360-degree videos from up, down, left, and right from all directions.
- It is an intuitive media player that allows users to directly outsource subtitles from the interface itself.
- Users can automatically detect and sync subtitles.
- Users can play UHD (Ultra High Definition) videos.
- You can also import an entire video playlist without any issue.
Supported Formats: FLV, MP4, MOV, MPG, TS, AVI, DIVX, WMW, M4V, DAT, IFO, VOB, 3GP/3GP2, RM/RMVB, MKV, OGM, and many others.
- A-B repeat
- Screen capture and media player capture
- Playback speed controls
- Free of cost
- The help feature is limited.
#7. 5K Player
5KPlayer is a mixture of free (MKV) UHD video player, music player, AirPlay & DLNA enabled media streamer, as well as an online downloader. It provides the perfect frontier for playing UHD, 4k, and 360-degree videos.
- Users can play 4K, 1080p, 360° video, DVD, and IPTV with 5K player.
- Users can also stream MP3 AAC APE FLAC music perfectly.
- You can wirelessly stream audio-video via AirPlay & DLNA, with zero quality loss.
- Works across all Windows and Mac devices.
- You can download MP4, MKV, AV1, MOV, and AVI, in 4K 5K 8K Ultra HD or 1080p HD resolution from YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Vevo
Supported Formats: MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MTS/M2TS, H.265/264, VP8/9, WebM.
- Convert the online movie video soundtrack to MP3, AAC music format, or ringtone.
- Add subtitles
- Free of cost
- The interface is complicated for a video player.
#8. Zoom Player
It is the smartest, most flexible, and customizable media player for the Windows PC. Zoom Player features is a powerful Media Center fullscreen interface designed for use with five simple keys (up/down/left/right/select). The Five-Key system provides simple & fast navigation while maintaining full access to advanced interfaces.
- Its advanced features Media Library, File Browser, Playlist Editor, Color Controls, Audio Equalizer, Bookmarks, Play History, and many more.
- It has a navigation pane that shows a full-screen path to highlight the entry.
- This media player is easy to navigate and very user-friendly.
- It also provides a large media library.
Supported Formats: It supports the latest media formats like MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV, FLV, and MOV.
- Convert any computer into HTPC
- Play media formats play with less hassle, improved stability, and greater performance
- It runs slow sometimes and is difficult to download.
- Not free
Miro is a simple and unified way to download, organize, and watch videos and listen to music. This tool is totally free.
- You can convert one video format to another.
- Miro can be used for PC, tablets, mobile phones, etc.
- You can converts and syncs to Android & Kindle Fire
- You can very easily switch from iTunes to Miro — without any copying.
- Users can share media on the WiFi network.
- This media player is easy to use.
- Free of cost
DivX video player is another great media player that plays varieties of videos in formats like AVI, MP4, DivX, and MKV. It is one of the best media players for Windows 10.
- It enables you to play UltraHD 4K resolution video.
- Users can enjoy premium audio (AC3 and DTS), sync to cloud storage, no ads, advanced converter features, and much more.
- You can easily access videos from Google Drive and Dropbox.
- It offers improved sound quality of audio.
- Users can also create a playlist and also loop your playlist.
- Active help community
- Free HEVC (High-Efficiency Video Coding) playback
- To enjoy the add-free product, you have to buy DivX pro.
MediaMonkey is a media player and media library application developed by Ventis Media Inc., It allows you to organize and play audio on Microsoft Windows. This tool provides to enhances video support and playback facility.
- Users can connect this software to their iPods.
- Its advanced features are advanced synchronization, organization, tagging, and a convenient media library.
- Users can also record and download movies and podcasts.
- It automatically looks for the album name and other metadata.
Supported Formats: It supports file formats, including MP3, OGG, MPC, WMA, WAV, VQF, FLAC, APE, FLAC, etc.
- Synchronize video on Android, iPod, iPhone, and iPad.
- Play high-quality audio on your TV, stereo, or any other UPnP/DLNA, Chromecast, and so on.
- Convert audio and video formats
- Its advanced features are difficult to handle for a beginner.
#12. MPV Player
It is another great media player tool. MPV is a free and open-source application released under GNU (General Public License). It supports MPV and MPEG-2 video formats.
- It can leverage most hardware decoding APIs on all platforms.
- Powerful scripting capabilities can make the player do almost anything.
- It has an OpenGL, Vulkan, and D3D11 based video output that is capable of many features.
- It plays high-quality video.
- Users can use the controller to manage the speed of the video.
- This media player for PC can quickly open any video.
- On-screen recorder
- Facilitate easy integration into other applications
- Supported platforms include Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- The minimal interface comes at the cost of beginner-friendliness.
- Underactive development
#13. Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player
Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player is a great media player for playing movies. It supports various 3D clips using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA2).
- It supports GPU acceleration of 3D video using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA2).
- It also supports MXF files of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs), including XYZ to RGB color space conversion.
- It also supports Windows Media Dual Stream files
- Users can import and export stereoscopic metafiles.
Supported Formats: Play MPG, m2TS, MTS, MP4, files.
- Command-line control
- OLE automation
- Compatible with Windows Media Center IR remote control
- Difficult to use
#14. Kodi Player
Kodi is a free and open-source media and free software which is available on all Operating Systems, including Android, Windows, iOS, MacOS, and Linux. The UI is user-friendly, and there are a lot of customization options available to choose like skins, themes, and fonts.
- It offers plugins and addons, which greatly enhances its overall experience and capabilities.
- The remote app for operating Kodi is also available for almost all devices/platforms, which makes it easier and more convenient to use.
- It can also synchronize its content across all devices.
- Kodi can play media from a local network or DLNA device.
Supported Formats: It supports many media formats, such as MIDI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4.
- Allows sports live streaming
- Free to use
- Difficult to use for beginners
#15. All Player
All Player is an amazing media player for beginners as well as professionals. You will definitely love to work with its voice recognition ability for subtitles.
- It will find the best sites with subtitles and automatically downloads them for your convenience.
- You can also secure your video using a password.
- It can be customized so that you can choose a codec for movies.
- It provides a user-friendly layout to play movies.
Supported Formats: It supports various files format like APE, FLAC, MOV, QuickTime, RMVB, MPEG, MPG, M2TS, MKV, 3GP, MP4, FLV, AVI, MP3, and so on.
- Free internet radio
- Will not demand more CPU power.
- Can’t play all media files
It is another great software that allows users to take care of the large size of media collections. You can play TV shows, movies, personal videos, and many more in this software. It also helps you to share videos with your family.
- It offers many movies and shows to choose from.
- You can also stream your movies.
- It provides a live DVR and TV.
- It scans and organizes your files, automatically sorting your media beautifully and intuitively in your Plex library.
- Enjoy Live TV & DVR, a growing catalog of great web shows, news, and podcasts.
- Stream free live TV
- You can run this software on smart TVs, Android, Apple, and more.
- To access advanced features, you need to buy the premium version.
RealPlayer is the fastest, easiest, and fun new way to download and watch videos. It also enables you to keep your favorite web videos safe on the computer.
- It converts videos to all popular formats, like videos to MP3.
- Its UI makes it easier to focus on the media.
- You can also set a password or pin to the video.
- Users can play and burn audio CDs of their favorite videos, podcasts, and music.
- You can download videos in the background while watching.
Supported Formats: DVD, Video CD (*.dat), MPEG Video (*.mpg, *.mpeg, *.m2v, *.mpe etc.), AVI (*.avi, *.divx), MJPEG, Windows Media (*.wma, *.wmv etc.), QuickTime (*.mov, *.qt), Adobe Systems Flash (*.swf), Flash Video (*.flv)
- Faster, streamlined, and more intuitive UI
- Download any video from thousands of sites with just one click
- Occasional Bugs
It is another great one-in-all media player. MPlayerX will give you a clear and smooth playback.
- It can handle any media format in the world without extra plug-ins or codec packages.
- Pinch, tap or swipe in order to control the playback.
- It will detect and convert the encoding method of the subtitle file automatically and seamlessly.
- It can handle languages such as Latins, Eastern Asian languages, Arabic, Hebrew, and so on.
- It allows you to play your favorite video from Youtube, Vimeo, and many others.
Supported Formats: MPEG, AVI, ASF and WMV, QuickTime and OGG/OGM, SDP, PVA, GIF
- It also supports Remote Buddy and Sofa Control.
- MPlayerX is a powerful and easy-to-use media player.
- No recent updates
Hope this list of best video player software for the Windows Operating System will help you in taking the right decision while choosing the best one.
If you think that we may have missed some popular video players, please let us know in the comment section below, and also let us know which software you downloaded.