I’ve received messages from a lot of software testers like “How much Java knowledge is required to learn Selenium”. If you have the same question in mind, then this post is for you.
Selenium with Java is widely used and preferred language by automation testers compared to other languages.
I don’t say there is no need to learn complete Java. In terms of Selenium with Java, it’s ideal for you to learn the Java topics which are necessary to write better Selenium Scripts. I know most of you are from the manual testing background and had no prior knowledge of Java or programming. Don’t worry much. Just follow the following Java concepts that you need to learn to write good selenium scripts.
Topics you have to cover in Java for Selenium are as follows:
- Object-Oriented Programming Concepts (OOPs)
- Access Modifiers
- Method Overloading
- Method Overriding
- Variables in Java
- Data Types in Java
- Operators in Java
- Control Statements – Conditional, Iteration, and Jump Statements
- Conditional Statements (If else, Nested If, Switch Case)
- Iteration Statements – While Statement, Do While Statement, For Statement, and Enhanced For Statements
- Jump Statements – Break Statement, Continue Statement
- Arrays in Java
- ArrayList in Java
- Collection Framework in Java
- Map in Java
- LinkedList in Java
- Exception Handling in Java
Must Read: Popular Java Interview Questions
We have covered almost all the topics which we mentioned above. Check the respective links. If you have any queries, please comment below. We will try to respond ASAP.
Some of the best books to learn Java for Selenium are as follows.
– Absolute Beginner Java for Selenium WebDriver.
You can get their paperback and inside it you can find the details on how to download the PDF document. You can also get their Free App.
Target Audiences of this book are Beginners (Minimum to no knowledge of programming).
It has 3.5 rating on Amazon.
If you come across any other books to learn Java, please comment below. It will help others.