Are you looking for JMeter alternatives and don’t know where to start from?
Don’t look elsewhere, you’ve come to the right place.
If a software takes a lot of time to load or delay while performing, the users may simply switch it off. Every software owner expects their application should load fast. To achieve this we need to have the best performance testing tools.
JMeter is one of the best open-source load testing tools that help us in analyzing and measuring the performance of our application. Even though JMeter has critically changed the load and performance testing history still there are some alternatives to JMeter that are good to try.
Best Alternatives and Competitors of JMeter are as follows.
The Best Alternatives To JMeter In 2022
We have curated a list of alternative tools for JMeter that each offers a different set of features from JMeter. Read on to find out whether you and your team should use JMeter or any of the below great alternatives to JMeter.
It is a powerful load testing tool from Micro Focus dedicated to helping testers who do performance and load testing.
It is used to test applications to measure the behavior and performance of software applications under load. To simulate the real-time user loads, it can create and handle thousands of concurrent users.
It compares the end-user response times against service level agreements (SLA) and generates reports. The results can then be analyzed in detail to explore the reasons for a particular behavior.
It is used to simulate multiple users simultaneously with very detailed and realistic application performance measurements. It is compatible with operating systems like Microsoft Windows, and Linux.
LoadRunner supports performance testing for a wide range of application environments and protocols more than 50 which includes Ajax, Flex, HTML 5, Microsoft Silverlight, HTTP/2, MQTT, Web, SOAP, ERP, Web services, GWT, RDP, Database, Terminal, Citrix, Java, .NET, Oracle, and SAP.
- A key feature that distinguishes Loadrunner from other established tools is its support for parallel execution.
- You can create a scriptless load test and playback with an InstaPlay recorder.
- VU Debugger – it debugs tests in real-time.
- It supports multiple protocol scripts.
- Since LoadRunner is hosted on the cloud, no server machine or maintenance is required.
- It is easy to modify the script to simulate the real user behavior
- It supports continuous testing.
- Supports both Browser-based and Native Mobile applications tests using advanced Network behavior and Service Virtualization
- This load testing tool can easily integrate with various development tools like Selenium, Jenkins, and many other third-party tools.
- It supports performance testing for the widest range of protocols and 50+ technologies and application environments.
- It is considered an ideal solution for software development and website monitoring because it is simple to use, has good compatibility, and performs well even under high workloads.
- The tool cost is bit expensive compared to some of its compitetors.
- It takes too much RAM resource for the tool to work efficiently to avoid crashing of application.
- It offers a free trial
- Contact them for a quote.
Gatling is an open-source performance and load-testing framework written in Scala, Akka, and Netty. Gatling is designed in order to treat your performance tests as production code. It offers excellent support of the HTTP protocol. Since this tool works well on Java, therefore it’s suitable for all operating systems.
- Since its release, over thirty extensions have been added to support new load types, such as JSON, XML, SOAP, HTML, etc., Gatling comes with a built-in web server, which can be either virtual or static. In this way, a webmaster can choose among the available servers, depending upon the server configuration and available bandwidth.
- Simulates a large number of users with complex behaviors
- Analyze and investigate issues in your application
- It collects and aggregates all the requests and response times.
- It is possible to run multiple protocol scripts.
- Integration with popular tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.,
- You can manage all aspects of testing using its great user interface.
- Out of the box, it has incredibly powerful features and integrates seamlessly with your project structure as well as with your CI/CD.
- It gives an ability to create scripted tests without a User Interface.
- It won’t come with a User Interface.
- If you don’t have Java developers, then there will be a learning curve for you.
- Starter: €400 / month
- Silver: €625 / month
- Gold: €1250 / month
- Platinum: €2500 / month
#3. Apache Benchmark
Apache Benchmark is a single-threaded command-line tool for benchmarking the performance of various web servers. Originally developed to benchmark the Apache HTTP Server, it’s now generic enough to benchmark almost any web server tool. The benchmarking tool is Apache bench, a script developed by The Apache Group.
This will show you the average time taken to serve a particular page. It will also show you the number of connections between your server and the target site. These statistics can be used to determine where you need improvements in your server’s performance.
Apache Benchmark can detect the amount of time it takes for Apache to respond to a request. If you have a big site that receives a lot of traffic, you will most likely have many simultaneous users accessing your site. With Apache Benchmark, you’ll be able to determine how fast your application responds to these visitors.
- It can easily specify an SSL/TLS protocol
- Report errors if the response is not complete
- Apache Benchmark Load Balancer tool can be used for load balancing. With this tool, you can easily see how your application is performing with respect to load balancing.
- It also has an easy-to-use configuration wizard, which allows you to easily configure your application for maximum performance.
- This is an ideal benchmarking tool for the Apache webserver because it performs well across many different operating systems.
It is a Complete Website Load Testing Software. Load Ninja was created by Smart Bear is another great JMeter alternative in this list. It enables you to create scriptless refined load tests quickly. With this tool, you can reduce 50% time in testing. You can also capture client-side interactions right in real-time and establish performance issues at once.
- Automate load tests that can integrate into any CI/CD pipeline.
- VU Debugger, i.e., debugging tests in real-time.
- Real browser load test execution.
- You can create and run a test in half time.
- No maintenance or setup is required to run a high-performance test in the least amount of time.
- It is expensive.
- Starter: It starts at $1,439 /year and offers 100 Virtual Users (per test) and 100 Load Hours (per year)
- Pro: It costs $6,539 /year and offers 1000 Virtual Users (per test) and 100 Load Hours (per year)
- Premium: It costs $9,359 /year and offers 2,500 Virtual Users (per test) and 100 Load Hours (per year)
TSung is a powerful stress testing tool written in the Erlang programming language and available under the GNU/GPL license. It can stress test various web applications on one system without having to deal with shared servers. It is able to run on UNIX, Linux, MAC, Solaris, Windows, and other platforms.
This is a very efficient tool that allows developers and programmers to evaluate many web application servers, web services, and web servers on one system. It is able to test the entire lifecycle of these systems without restarting them. The tool can also work in a cluster environment.
An important benefit of using TSung is that it has support for load balancing and has load testing support as well. This means that when a request comes in, it will be split up into several parts and sent to the servers according to the configuration that was specified during application setup.
- It offers support for multiple types of inputs and output, including HTTP, SOAP, STD, and LDAP.
- It is designed for very scalability. You can easily set up the collector and observer in less than twenty minutes.
- It can replicate up to fifty thousand synchronic performers.
- It will help to speed up your application development cycle because everything is loaded at run time, and the framework is more flexible and robust; the application load time is less. When your application is being developed internally, the load time will increase if you have complicated tests. With TSung-recorder, the process of testing can be distributed and make use of different platforms that are more efficient.
- It helps to perform the critical load and performance testing for your application. A load-balancing tool can ensure that the application runs efficiently on multiple web servers and on different operating systems.
- It doesn’t provide a GUI for test development or execution. Therefore, you’ll have to use shell scripts.
StresStimulus is an effective performance monitoring tool, as it deals with challenging application cases. It features a customizable, drag-and-drop dashboard configuration that enables the quick creation of performance monitoring dashboards.
More than 80 customizable dashboard templates will assist you in thorough root cause analysis with maximum flexibility. It can also be easily integrated with open-source applications and other software tools. This tool can help you build enterprise-level performance monitoring solutions by automating the entire performance measurement process.
It was initially developed for the purpose of aiding web and application teams in reducing application bottlenecks.
- It has the ability to help you analyze test duration.
- StresStimulus is compatible with many leading browsers such as Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Opera. It is also compatible with most web server protocols used today, including Ruby Gems, JAVA, and PHP. Because this software supports so many common web servers and protocols, it ensures that your clients will be able to view your website regardless of their system.
- It offers cloud testing with multiple load generators.
- It has a user-friendly interface which makes it easy for any rational performance tester to start measuring web loads immediately. With its easy-to-use interface, you can start with the basic features and progress through the various levels very quickly.
- With this powerful tool, you can easily test different types of mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and tablets. You can even check load testing results for popular mobile devices in real-time to get an immediate response.
- It also offers a free trial.
- It includes a learning curve.
Pricing: Contact them for a quote.
Funkload is a load and performance testing tool, originally written in C++, whose sole purpose is pure Python script with pyunit framework in the same style as other standard unit testing tools. It provides a great way to rapidly visualize test cases and generate inputs and outputs for testing purposes. It also helps you make the code easy to maintain and reuse for multiple tests.
The Pyunit test runner that comes with Funkload is easy to install and use. The setup is quite straightforward – just follow the easy setup wizard, and you’re ready to go. It will install all the necessary libraries that are needed by the various functions and also install the Python interface for the Funkload project.
- It has the ability to write and read performance monitoring data collected during the test phase. Many software engineers use the performance monitor data to find performance issues early so they can isolate and correct them before a costly change takes place.
- You can upload and multipart/form-data submission.
- It provides a stable, manageable environment for both designers and testers to work in.
- Its extensible, reusable framework makes it easy for anyone to add the functionality they need while also providing an efficient way to express expectations and enforce rules.
WebLOAD is an enterprise-grade load and performance testing tool which is designed for web applications. This web and load testing tool is from RadView Software.
It supports over a hundred technologies from web protocols to enterprise applications and has built-in integration with Selenium, Jenkins, and many other tools to enable continuous load testing for DevOps. It combines performance, scalability, and integrity into a single metric for the testing of web and mobile application software.
It can simulate hundreds of thousands of concurrent users making it possible to test large loads and report bottlenecks, constraints, and weak points within an application. It also provides end-to-end visibility of application performance. It is compatible with operating systems like Linux, and Windows.
- It supports a wide range of web, mobile, and enterprise protocols and technologies.
- WebLoad offers multi-protocol support like XML, IMAP, HTTP, SMTP, FTP, TCP, POP/SMTP, and SMTP protocols. This support gives you a higher level of control over the web application that you are testing.
- WebLoad test automation is scalable.
- It allows you to easily test more than one user interface simultaneously.
- A powerful correlation engine recognizes both client-side and server-side dynamic values
- It is offered on the Cloud (SAAS) or On-Prem deployment.
- It has an easy-to-use interface.
- There is no need for technical knowledge. Even if you have limited technical knowledge, you can still start testing with the free edition.
- It supports virtual users.
- Slow technical support.
- It offers a free trial
- Contact them for a quote.
LoadView by Dotcom-Monitor is an open-source load testing tool that enables development teams to accurately predict how different sections of a web page will perform when faced with various amounts of workload and traffic. LoadView uses real live web browsers, giving real-time insight into server response and performance for your visitors.
It can automatically detect various problems such as slow connections, server problems, hangs, errors, and more. This application will also report its findings in real-time so that you can address the situation accordingly.
- It detects potential problems on your website as well as in building a benchmark of how your site responds to different traffic conditions.
- You can create your own scripts with EveryStep recording tool.
- This tool is 100% cloud-managed.
- Advanced scripting in over 40 mobile and desktop browsers.
- It provides a preview of the site’s performance.
- It also allows you to quickly measure performance and find ways to improve it.
- It sometimes created fake visitor statistics.
- Starter: $199 / month
- Professional: $1499 / month
- Advanced: $499 / month
Blazemeter is open-source, enterprise-ready platform that unifies all the functionalities we need to shift-left and shift-right shift such as Performance Testing, Functional testing, Load testing, API testing. With this tool, you can easily run highly scalable tests for all types of web and mobile apps without any hassle.
- It stimulates thousands of virtual users.
- It offers support for testing 3rd party APIs.
- You can integrate BlazeMeter with other servers like Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, etc.
- Comprehensive analytics and real time reporting.
- You can virtualize and test all parts of your system.
- Stimulates thousands of virtual users.
- Reporting is very basic.
- Starter: $0 and 50 concurrent users.
- Basic: $99 / month and 1000 concurrent users.
- Pro: $499 / month and 5000 concurrent users.
It is another open-source load testing tool and a true free JMeter alternative. Since Locust is written in Python language, it is very user-friendly. Also, it is used by many big companies like Google, AWS, Microsoft, Pager, Mozilla and many more.
- Flexible options for testing various protocols and tests.
- It defines user behavior in code.
- Supports distributed load tests over multiple machines
- It is used to simulate millions of simultaneous users
- It can test all system types.
- Easy to maintain and manage performance tests for different environments.
- If you don’t know Python, then a learning curve is required.
In this tool, you can use embedded browsers to create test scenarios within few seconds. You can get the feature in SmartMeter you have always wanted i.e., Load Testing perfected. All operating systems (Microsoft, MAC OS, and Linux) are compatible with SmartMeter.
SmartMeter is a performance testing tool with enterprise level features. It is another advanced version of JMeter.
SmartMeter.io is a multi-platform load and performance testing tool. It features fast and easy test creation and execution, test management and generating of test reports with a focus on testing in a distributed mode. It is based on Apache JMeter but adds new features such as one-click test reports, advanced scenario recorder, acceptance criteria, and others. It is compatible with operating systems such as Linux, Mac OS, and Microsoft Windows.
- Integration with Selenium to execute tests in real browsers.
- Supports continuous integration – Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, Maven, Teamcity.
- Allows to record scriptless test scenarios.
- Generates automatic test repots – No need to waste our time on collecting statistics from JMeter JTL files.
- Real time test results on multiple monitors – It enables us to tune the performance of our system properly by instantly search the log or find the bottleneck location incase of any deviations.
- Allows to create generators, run tests and see test results from web user interface.
- It offers real-time results.
- Advanced load reporting.
- Requires learning curve
- Personal: $39 / month with 500 virtual users.
- Pro: $99 / month with 1000 virtual users.
- Pro+: $299 / month with 5000 virtual users.
Loader is another free load testing service that allows us to stress test our APIs and web apps with thousands of concurrent users. It offers simple cloud-based testing.
- Advanced analytics
- Monitor tests in real-time
- Concurrent tests
- DNS Verification
- Priority loaders
- Forever free version with 10000 clients / test
- It is easy to use as well as understand.
- No need to install any app.
- Forever free: 10,000 clients / test
- Pro: $99.95 / month and 100,000 clients / test
FAQ’s Alternatives To JMeter
JMeter is one of the most popular and widely recognized load testing tools out there that critically changed the load and performance testing history. However, it’s always nice to have some options available so that you can choose the tool that fits your team’s needs.
We don’t think you’d be disappointed with any of the above-mentioned tools similar to JMeter.
Did we miss out on any JMeter alternatives or load testing tools? Which tool do you use in your project? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!